Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: January Pickups

Banned

Re: January Pickups

Picked up a Manny Ramirez game used Red Sox bat (2006) from a fellow GUU member. Also got a Ken Griffey R155 73-75 Hornsby colored gamer from their championship days from another forum member. A 2002 Ryan Jensen Giants road jersey from their WS year with Giants coa from Mike Quick. I got other stuff coming in too, so I'll be posting a lot on here this month!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    Picked up a Manny Ramirez game used Red Sox bat (2006) from a fellow GUU member. Also got a Ken Griffey R155 73-75 Hornsby colored gamer from their championship days from another forum member. A 2002 Ryan Jensen Giants road jersey from their WS year with Giants coa from Mike Quick. I got other stuff coming in too, so I'll be posting a lot on here this month!
    Great add on the Manny, I got to it a little late and you beat me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

So far this year I've only added a couple home run balls. Darren Daulton's 22nd from 1992 and Chris Widger's 10th of 1998. Thank You's to Dave Miedema for the Widger ball.

Picked up these two Erstad bats within days of each other. One from ebay, the other from Vintage Authentics.

Ultimate Collector of Darin Erstad, Nick Blackburn, Michael Restovich, and Twins Game Used Jerseys

Picked up my first Jeter GU item, this 2001 GU bat courtesy of Tim from HOFbats.com.

I took these with my iphone so I could post, hope to take better photos soon.

Wade Boggs signed game used bat. The pine tar is light for a boggs gamer but the pattern is consistent for one. There is a light coat near the center brand and light transfer on the lower handle. there is a good and concentrated contact pattern below the labeling on a left hand hitters side, and there is also good and concentrated contact pattern above the the labeling, which is a little odd. But the way the patterns are so concentrated in one area, they could only be done by a great hitter like boggs. On the knob there is 12 written in Boggs typical style for that time period. All and all I think a very nice gamer with moderate use from a HOF.

Picked up a pretty sweet Manny Ramirez autographed Beckett magazine from Nov '93 with JSA authentication. The signature is a very crisp early Manny full name (signed "Manuel").

Also unique to Manny's career, it's a nice shot from one of the 22 games he played in late 1993 his first time up in the bigs and shows the construction of the new ballpark in the background.

I got out my April '93 manufactured batting helmet and think I may have a shot at a match. There's a very noticeable chip on the brim of the helmet that looks to match up with the helmet Manny is wearing in the photo. Of course I'm not 100% sure but it makes me feel even better about having a legit rookie helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Picked up a pretty sweet Manny Ramirez autographed Beckett magazine from Nov '93 with JSA authentication. The signature is a very crisp early Manny full name (signed "Manuel").

Also unique to Manny's career, it's a nice shot from one of the 22 games he played in late 1993 his first time up in the bigs and shows the construction of the new ballpark in the background.

I got out my April '93 manufactured batting helmet and think I may have a shot at a match. There's a very noticeable chip on the brim of the helmet that looks to match up with the helmet Manny is wearing in the photo. Of course I'm not 100% sure but it makes me feel even better about having a legit rookie helmet.
    I'd say you should feel very comfortable with that being a legit helmet...looks like it is in the same spot and can't imagine the chances of having a sizeable chip in the brim in the exact spot on two different helmets!

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    I'd say you should feel very comfortable with that being a legit helmet...looks like it is in the same spot and can't imagine the chances of having a sizeable chip in the brim in the exact spot on two different helmets!
    I agree. You don't ever see helmets with the same chips or marks in the same exact place, used during the same year

-GU 2004 Jerry Morales home and road Expos jerseys (Special thanks to Jim "jdr3")