Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: January Pickups

Re: January Pickups

I was finally able to pick up a great John Tavares gamer from the Islanders last week along with sticks from Matt Moulson and Rob Schremp and a great pair of Kyle Okposo gloves!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2009 Adam Jones...totally hammered with use
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

2009 Rick Ankiel Bat

djusticefan-I tried to send you a "pm" but as alot of people on here it is turned off.I just wanted to ask you.Where did you get those awesome kyle okposo gloves? Me and my brother go to almost every minnesota gophers (where kyle okposo played his college hockey) home game and one away game a season.And we loved kyle okposo and were upset when the islanders took him early.But understood it as thier gm garth snow was right,don lucia (or "the don" as he is called)thier coach kills talent.Man those are some great gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by djusticefan View Post
    I was finally able to pick up a great John Tavares gamer from the Islanders last week along with sticks from Matt Moulson and Rob Schremp and a great pair of Kyle Okposo gloves!

Quote Originally Posted by bagbig View Post
    I am not trying to stir the pot, but the ball marks look alittle off on this bat, any thoughts??
    In regards to the Ken Griffey Jr. "gamer", I would say the tape job is off too. Looks like an attempt to match it, but the tape width looks off. Too much bat exposed between the tape crossings. Does not look like Jr. prepped this bat.

Just my opinion, I would recommend the winner look into this, as there are now two members "concerned".....

Picked up this Butler broken on 9/11/09. See photomatch to game on 9/9/2009 under thread, http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=32324

Since the photomatch, I have found a few more interesting tid bits. In the game on 9/9/2009, Butler hit 3 doubles, becoming the first player since before 1900, to have 4 3-double games in a single season. And he won AL Player of the Week for the week ended 9/14.

My next task is to try to determine if the bat was used in a 2 HR game just two days earlier on 9/7/2009.

By Tom Singer / MLB.com
    09/14/09 4:38 PM ET

Billy Butler, the Royals' doubles-hitting machine whose 13 hits led the Majors last week, was named the American League Player of the Week presented by Bank of America on Monday for the period ending Sept. 13.
    Butler went 13-for-31 (.419) in seven games, and he had five doubles and two homers, which added up to 24 total bases -- tops in the AL. His 12 RBIs also led all Major League batters.
    On Wednesday, against the Tigers, Butler rapped out three doubles for the fourth time this season, twice what any Royals batter has done in the club's history and something not accomplished in the Majors since at least 1900, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
    Currently riding a nine-game hitting streak, the 23-year-old first baseman tops the Royals in a number of offensive categories, including average (.303), doubles (46) and RBIs (80). The weekly award is the second of Butler's career, both coming within a month of each other. He had previously been singled out for the week ending Aug. 10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by djusticefan View Post
    - HOW? WHERE? did u thos wonderful toys?

- Did you go directly to the Isles?

HELLO:

SOME GAME USED BATS.

• andres Galarraga Game Used All Star Bat 1993.-
    • miguel Cabrera Bats.-
    • carlos Gonzalez Game Used And Signed Venezuela Batting Helmet (aguilas Del Zulia).-
    • balbino Fuenmayor Game Used And Signed Glove.-
    • gorkys Hernandez Game Used And Signed Glove.-

• armando Camacaro Game Used Jersey.-
    • peeter Ramos Game Used Jersey.-
    • edwar Mujica Game Used Jersey.-
    • niuman Romero Game Used Jersey.-
    • fernando Nieve Game Used Jersey.-