Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

note to steiner : STOP SELLING BLANK TEAM ISSUED YANKS JERSEY!

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...11951420000044

THEY SELL THEM FOR $149 AND YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING WITH THEM. IDK WHY THEY WANT TO MAKE $149 AT THE EXPENSE OF BUYERS MAKING THEM UP AS JETER, AROD, AND RIVERA "TI" OR "GW" JERSEYS! THIS MIGHT BE A REASON LOTS OF YANKEES GW JERSEY WITH NO STEINER COA'S ARE SHOWING UP AT AUCTION HOUSES. JUST A THOUGHT? ANY OPINIONS?

Banned

Re: note to steiner : STOP SELLING BLANK TEAM ISSUED YANKS JERSEY!

Well in my own personal opinion anything of about 2004-5 season and on Yankees jerseys if they dont have a Steiner LOA with it im not too comfortable on buying it. I am not saying somethings dont slip by Steiner but I will say not much does. So if its a recent jersey I want to see the Steiner Letter!!!
    This is just my opinion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    I am not saying somethings dont slip by Steiner but I will say not much does.
    Suave,

This is a bold assertion. I say this because, from my observations, this would appear to be far from the case. What evidence do you have to back this up? I'm open to being persuaded, but I would like to know what evidence you have. Thank you and welcome back to the forum,

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Well first of all Steiner has complete exclusivity to everything and anything owned game used by the Yankees.
    Yankees and Steiner have heavy security and heavy documented everything that is used, issued etc.... by the Yankees

This does not include items that the players thmselves have contracts with manufacturing companies as they can do as the players can do as they please with those items.

The players do get some of their own jerseys, but I agree that Steiner has a tight grip. Sean that runs the program does a good job.

They told me that they are creating a new hologram to distinguish between the game issued jerseys and game used jerseys. This should help.

I have requested a #'d hologram that would be affixed to the jersey and the COA.

Jason and Andrew,

Thanks for the responses. Over the past 2-3 seasons, I've seen a good number of Yankees jerseys (with substantial game wear) offered elsewhere. I'm not talking about just star players. It's just hard for me to believe that the jerseys of lower end players are being made up from blanks and having game wear "applied" to them. I do appreciate your responses and the information.

From my observations, the team with the tightest grip is the Texas Rangers - I have been impressed by how little has escaped MeiGray, particularly since the Rangers added the serial-numbered strip tags.

Best,
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

sportscentury believe me not much gets passed Steiner especially the lower end players. You can go to there website and see for yourself how much stuff they have aqquired and thats not all of it they have tons more in there Yankees cage.

As far as the players getting jerseys thats not always true. First of all the Yankees give a limited amount to the players ( as we all know the Yankees are cheap about giving players jerseys ) So its rare you will see more on the market then what Steiner puts out there.

Jason,

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Reid

i am going to email steiner today and see what they say. i am seeing way too many yankees jerseys pop up on ebay and auction houses.

Banned

amex, i am curious what jerseys do you see popping up through ebay and the auction houses that you have in question?