Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Guys, is market inundated with Arod bats???

I mostly collect older bats and jerseys. This last weekend I was checking out Arod bats, and what I found was: They are stinking everywhere! Taube has about 40 of them, ebay has a ton-everywhere you turn there's an Arod bat. Now maybe it's that way for most the modern stars-I don't know, but I was really surprised by this. I mostly stick with the older stuff-I believe it's a better investment-due to supply and demand. AND, I think the search is half the fun. Finding a Bob Bailey 1976 Reds Bicentennial bat can take years-and when you find one-it's pretty exciting. Think I'll stick with the older stuff, but I do think Arod will probably be the all-time HR champ some day. But when he gets the record, everybody and their dog will have a game used bat of Arod!

Re: Guys, is market inundated with Arod bats???

Well, he did order 289 bats for the 2009 season. That number does include his BP bats.
    Brian Hillerich

Banned

Wow-and almost every one eventually ends up in the collector's hands!

I think it's harder to find a unsigned Arod game used bat, then a signed bat. Most of his GU bats are autographed.

Bobby

Banned

AROD is a true captialist he will sell and sign everything and anything to make a buck including bats, sunglasses, t-shirts, jerseys, hats and even jock straps. That being said his bats and jerseys will always be in high demand because he is a Yankee, has won several MVPs and will have a top 5 career stat wise and the roid thing does not really seem to be hurting his appeal probably because he manned up and admitted it and followed it up by leading his team to a World Series win that same season.

yeah "he manned up and admitted to it" only after Selena Gomez and SI had the proof in hand..........are you kidding me???

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    yeah "he manned up and admitted to it" only after Selena Gomez and SI had the proof in hand..........are you kidding me???
    let us not forget he was one that denied and lied numerous times. The story he gave is very suspicious and probably still not the whole truth obviously. That being said look how well the "apology/confession" worked. People no longer question the validity of what was said and how he lied numerous times about it in the first place!

A-Rod addressed the issue and most moved on even to the point of fans saying he "manned" up to it. You have to wonder why more guys don't get this advice. A-Rod was fortunate to address media when guy like Clemens looked arrogant denying use when it more than obvious the guy was guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    let us not forget he was one that denied and lied numerous times. The story he gave is very suspicious and probably still not the whole truth obviously. That being said look how well the "apology/confession" worked. People no longer question the validity of what was said and how he lied numerous times about it in the first place!

A-Rod addressed the issue and most moved on even to the point of fans saying he "manned" up to it. You have to wonder why more guys don't get this advice. A-Rod was fortunate to address media when guy like Clemens looked arrogant denying use when it more than obvious the guy was guilty.
    They should all take the Andy Pettitte route. "Yes I did, I did it for this reason. I was wrong to have justified it. I exercised bad judgement and it will never happen again. I apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the organization, major league baseball and above all else, the fans and God." - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    They should all take the Andy Pettitte route. "Yes I did, I did it for this reason. I was wrong to have justified it. I exercised bad judgement and it will never happen again. I apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the organization, major league baseball and above all else, the fans and God." - paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.
    Can you imagine if Roger Clemens took that route or even Mark McGwire. Say it and move on.

I think most have forgotten and moved on for the ARod stuff too. He now has a World Series ring and his items are selling for big bucks still.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

That is so true-Andy Pettite had it right-confess, say it was for an injury, and move on. If only Rose, Big Mac, Sosa, Clemens, and Palmero would have followed the same route.