Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Did I deserve this?

I had a rude response from this seller a while back as well. I agree with 34swtns, in this economy this person needs to get off his high horse.

I have heard the same about him.He has his jerseys customized and then sells them as gamers.
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Are you for real?
    NOT only that but he has started a NEW user id on ebay that he buys under. I would not be speaking out if I didn't know for 100%. Just watch out is all I can say. No can be a good time to find some deals but there are ALOT of crooks out there.

OTISMALIBU-I just have to say thats not fair to say that saying you're selling off your collection somehow means something bad.I am not sure what you were trying to say by that.But back when i used to be on ebay i was selling off my collection.It was'nt for years but thats only because i stopped going on there cause of thier rule changes.And i am still trying to sell off my autogrpah colection in other markets.Sometimes it takes a while to sell off your collection.It's all about finding the buyer for it.Yeah maybe it's because i am not looking to just give it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    a) Dude's a tool.
    b) He's a customizer.

It's like the guys on eBay that have been selling of their 'autograph collection' for years.

I've been waiting for a post about this guy for years. I can't even rewrite some of the emails I've gotten from him.

He tried to convince me that a shirt I had for sale was over priced, by insulting me and my business, not the best way to get your way.

Anyways, I'd advise anyone looking for a good transaction with an honest seller to stay far away from this guy.

Most of his high end stuff is enticing, but you'll be kicking yourself if you have a problem with the transaction and have to deal with this jeckyl and hyde.

DX.

I hate to take the other side on this as you guys have all ganged up on and bashed this seller.But i just went on there and the seller is a top rated seller.I mean they joined in 98 and still has 100% feedbacks.So the poeple that have bought from them don't seem to have the same problem with thier items.Maybe they take it as a insult being asked questions about thier items.That you should just assume what they are selling is authticate saying they have perfect feedback.I mean you would think by now if someone who bought their item had a question about it there would be a comment to it in thier feedback and there isnt from what i read.You guys can all gang up on me like you have them.But i think they just feel they should'nt be questions about a jerseys they are selling for under $200.I understand your questions and they are good ones.That whole game issued and game worn debate.And if a person who rides the bench is still considered game worn as they did where it during a game.They just didnt play in the actual game.I am just thinking why this person might have that rude reaction to your questions.I don't know why the person can not just be nice about ansewering the questions but some people get upset and take it as you are implying that thier items are not authentic when you ask them questions about thier items.

Before the grammer police come and get me.I am sorry for the run-on sentences.I forget sometimes that you get graded on forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    I hate to take the other side on this as you guys have all ganged up on and bashed this seller.But i just went on there and the seller is a top rated seller.I mean they joined in 98 and still has 100% feedbacks.So the poeple that have bought from them don't seem to have the same problem with thier items.Maybe they take it as a insult being asked questions about thier items.That you should just assume what they are selling is authticate saying they have perfect feedback.I mean you would think by now if someone who bought their item had a question about it there would be a comment to it in thier feedback and there isnt from what i read.You guys can all gang up on me like you have them.But i think they just feel they should'nt be questions about a jerseys they are selling for under $200.I understand your questions and they are good ones.That whole game issued and game worn debate.And if a person who rides the bench is still considered game worn as they did where it during a game.They just didnt play in the actual game.I am just thinking why this person might have that rude reaction to your questions.I don't know why the person can not just be nice about ansewering the questions but some people get upset and take it as you are implying that thier items are not authentic when you ask them questions about thier items.

Seller may take offense to the questioning but regardless what a terrible way to go about selling items. A kind response would likely not push away eventual sales and then this conversation would not even be taking place.

By his response he is not only losing that potential sale but by word of mouth he has hurt potential sales for all who read the rude response he gave to a normal email. I know I won't consider him now and I am sure others will reconsider as well....Just a terrible way to do business.

Banned

I know I won't buy from him, ever. No need to be an ass to customers who are asking a genuinely honest question.

Joba - In game used (because that's what we are talking about), if a seller gets offended by someone asking a question about an item for sale, the seller should seriously rethink the line of work he's in.

Ask anyone here that's offered me items for sale, I ask a TON of questions. It's no way a knock on the seller, I'm just thorough. I want to know, to the best of my ability, that the item I am spending my hard earned money on is legit. I don't care how "big" the seller, any seller, thinks he is in this hobby. I ask the questions that will help me feel confident in the piece I am buying. No answer? Rude answer? No sale. It's fairly simple.

Banned

The #1 rule for buying game used items is to ask questions.
    If you cant answer a question with out being a jerk. Then why should
    I buy from you.
    It's just like buying from anywhere else. If you get rude service then you take your business somewhere else.