Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ticket stub collectors???

Hey Everyone,

I'm a big ticket stub collector. You can check out my collection here:

http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz265/wiggi034/

I collect unused All Star, World Series clincher, and milestone game tickets. I like to get most of my tickets signed by the games' MVPs or the player who performed the milestone.

I started my collection after I attended Eric Milton's no hitter in 1999. I get most of my tickets on eBay. I have dealt with Dennis Jose at Chicago tix. He's a nice guy, though, his prices are really high. He paid me good value for a few of my tickets, but I get the sense that he doesn't pay much for lower end stuff.

I would recommend Al at www.gradedtickets.com. He has a nice website and some tough tickets. Don't be scared off by the high prices. He doesn't charge any more than Chicago tix and he has a much better stock. Also, you can email him if you're looking for tickets not on his website as he has a good deal of ungraded stuff at reasonable, though not super cheap, prices.

If you're looking to buy on eBay, search the Ticket Stubs sub category of Vintage Sport Memorabilia.

For those of you starting collections, I would recommend paying the premium for unused tickets and to avoid spending to much on contemporary tickets (i.e. tickets that were made after scanners).

If any of you see stubs in my collection you would like to trade for or have stubs for trade that you think might fit into my collection, feel free to email me at wiggi034 at umn.edu.

Hope this helps a few of you.

Really when you think about stubs at the the outset, you'd think they should be very easy to find: 15,000 to 50,000 people in a stadium for that game.

However, when you break it down to say a random 10 person grouping, how may would actually be kept?

* perhaps 1-2 out of 10 would keep them as a keepsake, but normally only if they only go to a few games per year or it's their first game etc, even that figure might be high?

* that leaves lets say 8 stubs that the remaining people have, I'd say at least half of those just get dropped or folded/stuffed into a pocket or thrown away while at the game

* that leaves us with 4 stubs that may be in decent shape that would somehow make it out into the market, if the average person thought they might be wanted by anyone..... really though more than likely it would be about 1-2 of those four, as the others would be forgotten about

* so basically there may be 10-20% that survive and would become available at some point

What do you guys think? Maybe I'm overestimating how many actually would survive...... maybe less that 10%??

Is this considered a full ticket?

Name:  padres.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  135.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LWMM View Post
    Where is a good place to look for ordinary ticket stubs? I'd like to start buying those from games Jonny Gomes had home runs in (along with those from a couple other significant games), but it's not as if that's a major selling point for people listing tickets.
    I'd email this seller. He has many rays tickets so he is a season ticket holder or knows one. Ask him if he has tickets for whatever dates you want.

http://shop.ebay.com/whos_your_vladd...&_trksid=p4340
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    it still has the perforation and both sides mention the same seat and same date. yes.
    the left side still has the perforation from where the larger part was ripped from...how can this be considered a Full ticket? I agree that it's a full ticket "stub" (perhaps thats what you meant)

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    the left side still has the perforation from where the larger part was ripped from...how can this be considered a Full ticket? I agree that it's a full ticket "stub" (perhaps thats what you meant)
    yes a full ticket stub. nothing is torn on the stub.
    photos can clarify. enclosed are photos of full ticket and a ticket stub (not full ticket stub).
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

So what is the proper terminology if the ticket taker hands back both parts of the full ticket by accident? What is the left side (in blue)and the right side (in green) called? which side is more collectible should a person put this on ebay separately?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

So the ticket is a "full ticket stub"??

I collect stubs from every Carl Edwards Sprint Cup win. I have 7 of 16. Once I complete a year, I plan on having them framed with a pic from that season.

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    So the ticket is a "full ticket stub"??
    Yes. As ironmanfan mentioned there is perforation on the left end of the ticket so it in not a full ticket. The stub is not torn so its a full ticket stub. Some seller will list it as a ticket stub. I posted photos of full ticket and a torn ticket stub for visual clarification. A full ticket would not have any perforation on the entire perimeter of the ticket. A torn ticket stub will be listed as a ticket stub.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com