Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Sanchez $20,000 jersey buyer is looking smarter by the week...

What did you expect from a big fan base but no real quality players to collect? The franchise has been in the basement of the NFL since the 69. Of course there going to go ga ga over some rookie who is terrible. There are only so many Joe Namath jerseys to go around. But I should be nicer, I do business with Al Toon.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    What did you expect from a big fan base but no real quality players to collect? The franchise has been in the basement of the NFL since the 69. Of course there going to go ga ga over some rookie who is terrible. There are only so many Joe Namath jerseys to go around. But I should be nicer, I do business with Al Toon.

1 Superbowl, 4 Divison Championships, 13 years of playoff appearances. CMON MAN! I wouldn't exactly use the term "basement of the NFL since '69".

Banned

The Jets have had alot of good players over the years besides Namath. Don Maynard, Curtis Martin, John Riggins, Joe Klecko, Mark Gastineneau, Kevin Manawe and Keyshawn Johnson are a few that come to mind. True most are not hall of famers but defintely well above average pro bowl quality players. the current team has a first ballot hall of famer (Alan Faneca), the best center and corner in the game (sorry Woodson fans but after the Charger game can you still argue that Revis is not the best), one of the game's best and underrated linebackers (David Harris), a top five left tackle, a many time pro bowl fullback who has cleared the way for many great running backs including Priest Holmes and Adrian Peterson and a running back with five straight 1,000 yard seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    1 Superbowl, 4 Divison Championships, 13 years of playoff appearances. CMON MAN! I wouldn't exactly use the term "basement of the NFL since '69".
    The franchise winning percentage is .450 which is 26th all time among the league. Since 69 they they have had 1 less division championship than the lions and 2 more playoff appearances. The jets have had some good teams and some good players but none that I would consider great.

Lets give Revis a few more years but right now he is a top 3 corner in the league. Im not about to argue the Woodson Revis thing again.

Im just giving Jets fans a hard time thats all, and thinking maybe the lack of huge stars might have something to do with someone dropping enough to buy a decent car on a jersey. I do think Fireman Ed is one of the best things about the NFL.

will the Jets playoff performance this season dictate the prices of their items for next, I noticed some items on Jo's site has been increasing as after each win in the playoffs.

The franchise winning percentage is .450 which is 26th all time among the league. Since 69 they they have had 1 less division championship than the lions and 2 more playoff appearances. The jets have had some good teams and some good players but none that I would consider great.

Lets give Revis a few more years but right now he is a top 3 corner in the league. Im not about to argue the Woodson Revis thing again.

Im just giving Jets fans a hard time thats all, and thinking maybe the lack of huge stars might have something to do with someone dropping enough to buy a decent car on a jersey. I do think Fireman Ed is one of the best things about the NFL.

Now this shows how opposite ends of the spectrum we are...I'm one of the biggest Jets fans I know, and I think Fireman Ed is a complete jerkoff! BUT, on the flipside, he can get a crowd going. That was a dismal year in 2007 when he wasn't in the stadium though...

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Now this shows how opposite ends of the spectrum we are...I'm one of the biggest Jets fans I know, and I think Fireman Ed is a complete jerkoff! BUT, on the flipside, he can get a crowd going. That was a dismal year in 2007 when he wasn't in the stadium though...
    Im a fan of any "superfan" I think the vikings guy is hilarious and am pretty sure he drives like 6 hrs from Canada. The barrel guy from denver isnt around anymore I dont think. I have never heard anything personal about fireman ed so I just based it on what I see on Sundays.

Im a fan of any "superfan" I think the vikings guy is hilarious and am pretty sure he drives like 6 hrs from Canada. The barrel guy from denver isnt around anymore I dont think. I have never heard anything personal about fireman ed so I just based it on what I see on Sundays.

Ed has gotten a bit full of himself...but then again, if you had the power to quiet 78,000 fans just by getting on someone else's shoulders, I guess you'd let it go to your head too. Prob natural...but he's a bit of a jerk from my personal interaction with him at a few tailgates.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    By the way, tell Jason Adair .....er....."Tom" .....I say hi, and I wish him success in coming up with yet another name like "Mr3000". That was a catchier name than tjm5711. Oh, and also a good luck in successfully changing that IP addy that's currently blocked. But you might want to give him a head's up that I won't be biting on any future posts....I have a promise to live up to.
    What?? "MR3000"?
    I don't know what you're talking about and couldn't care less.
    Anyway, you can tell him 'hi' yourself when he shows up at your door.
    You really seem to have a knack for getting under people's skin and you showcased it several times while chasing tjm around the forum until he snapped and got banned.
    Just make sure you abide by your "promise" and everything will be fine.

Oh, and I almost forgot.........

GO COLTS!