Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ticket stub collectors???

General questions:

Best places to find ticket stubs for sale?

How to advertise what games I'm after and to whom?

Is this a common thing for player collectors to do?

I just paid only $2.99 for a 9/11/93 stub Indians vs. Red Sox, Manny's first home game RBI ever and just the 4th of his career. Essentially, wondering how I could build around this stub and shoot for others. Seems fun, challenging, inexpensive.

Thanks!

Banned

Re: Ticket stub collectors???

I love milestone full, unused, mint cond. tickets from Rafael Palmeiro. I have his 500th hr ticket. I need his 3000th hit ticket (7/15/2005 Bal at Sea). I would love to find his MLB debut ticket (9/8/86 Phil at Chi).

nationals2k9, not looking to hijack and hope you don't mind. I just didn't think my search required a thread of it's own. If you don't mind, maybe we could just have this thread for ticket stub wants?

Check this guy out

http://www.chicagotix.com/
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    Check this guy out

Known about him for a few years. Extremely overpriced. Nice stubs, just insane prices.

Cool Re: Ticket stub collectors???

I collect them and pick them up when I see them at the games. I try to keep an eye on what's gone on during the game to see if it has any significance but often times I wait and look up the box score later.

I've picked up HR and W tickets for players I like. I finally got tickets from Felix Hernandez first W and his Grand Slam. I still need his debut ticket, 8/4/05 @Tigers.

If it's a Mariners ticket from Safeco Field, there's a good chance I can get at least 1 from the game. Even better if I know in advance it's a noteworthy game, player debut, first hr/w etc.

I have at least 1, maybe 2 stubs from Palmeiro's 3000th hit. I just need to find the ticket stub box(moved last year so things are a little unorganized). I'll send you an email when I find the box
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Banned

Thanks M'sFan34, look forward to hearing from you.

I have been collecting ticket stubs for years.And have put together a nice collection of especially pittsburgh steelers.Yeah chicagotix are really spendy.And because i have been trying to sell my collection i contacted them.As they said they buy collections.But they were not very easy to deal with.In the way that they didnt want to give fair value for my tickets.I am not calling them out if they are a member on here.I am just saying they really wanted to buy low.And i know the name of the game is buy low and sell high.But they would not budge on thier offer.And i just wanted to get back a little of what i had into the collection.They deal in more high end stubs like super bowls and i had more regular stubs.And i didnt see the sense it like selling them a stub for $40 and then see they have the same one on there site for $225.That was just a made price example to give idea what i was talking about.But it was almost like that.There were several dealers on ebay that i delt with before i stopped going on there.I know there is alderson sports and i beleive they have thier own web site.But again you are going to spend alot for thier high end tickets.There used to be a forum but it didnt get much traffic.And i can not remeber the name of it.Just keep serching and i am sure you will find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    Check this guy out

yes i haven't really gotten into this either but was in attendance at Jonathon Sanchez's no hitter and picked up several pristine tickets, which are for sale btw haha
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan34 View Post
    I collect them and pick them up when I see them at the games. I try to keep an eye on what's gone on during the game to see if it has any significance but often times I wait and look up the box score later.

I've picked up HR and W tickets for players I like. I finally got tickets from Felix Hernandez first W and his Grand Slam. I still need his debut ticket, 8/4/05 @Tigers.

If it's a Mariners ticket from Safeco Field, there's a good chance I can get at least 1 from the game. Even better if I know in advance it's a noteworthy game, player debut, first hr/w etc.

I have at least 1, maybe 2 stubs from Palmeiro's 3000th hit. I just need to find the ticket stub box(moved last year so things are a little unorganized). I'll send you an email when I find the box
    If you come across a FULL ticket for the game between Detroit at Seattle on 18 April 1996, let me know. Arod's 1st Career Grand Slam.

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

try ebay seller 'buckner'. if i remember correctly, his name is lenny. he has an incredible collection, is very reasonable and will hunt down your wantlist. most of my gooden tickets came from him- debut, 100th win, 1000 k, etc. good guy too