Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What's the worst loss you've ever seen your Fav NFL Team endure ?

Quote Originally Posted by mfsquirrelmaster View Post
    Being a Detroit Lions fan every loss is expected!!!!!!
    Ditto that....just pick any Sunday!
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    I remember that 62-7 loss, being that I had just moved down here to Florida. I kind of felt for Marino going out like that. He was a great QB all those years without any great running backs behind him. That was Jimmy Johnson's last game too I think.
    That was Jimmy's last game too, but I really don't pay much attention to that, the only thing he seemed to do while in Miami is drive Marino into retirement!

Tom, How quickly I forget! The 49`ers Superbowl Blowout was sad.

The Party at San Diego Stadium Before the Superbowl was amazing. People running into the Stadium with their Dogs, Carrying Cases of Beer inside, pretty much a Free for All!!! Then Mayor Susan Golding promised the City they would have the Biggest Party they ever seen if the Chargers made the "Big Game"

The Chargers are still in it!

Sean

Honorable mentions:
    1) Steelers (1989) playoffs, worst team to ever make the playoffs (and thus one of my favorite Steeler teams of yore), lose 24-23 to Denver in the divisional round playoff after dominating much of the game ("Hoge is killing us!!!"). Consolation is knowing that had we won, we would have played the AFC Championship in Cleveland and probably lost, that would have been much tougher to take.
    2) Steelers (2001) AFC Championship, we lose by 1 TD and give up a punt return for a TD and a blocked FG for a TD, worst part about it is an ultimate "hidden play", Troy Edwards flagged for running out of bounds on punt coverage nullifying a 75-yard punt from Josh Miller out of his own endzone with the score 0-0, the re-kick is a low short clunker right down the middle returned for TD.

I don't mind the 2004 loss to the Patriots as much, they were a superior team. We were the better team in Super Bowl XXX but we didn't realize it until the 4th quarter, though very tough to take I was proud of our guys that day.

The winner is the 1994 AFC Championship by far, the Alfred Pupunu game.

Though Pittsburgh fans have had much to cheer about over the years there have been many heartbreaks along the way, top 3 "other sports" devastating losses are Pitt Elite 8 last year to Villanova, Penguins 1993 game 7 to the Islanders (the Billy Volek game), and the #1 devastating loss of all-time in any sport, the 1992 NLCS game 7 franchise-killing Francisco Cabrera game.

A personal heartbreaking loss was Tom Watson not making 4 at Turnberry on the 72nd hole, as a big golf and Watson fan that would have been the greatest victory of all time and one of those records that would stand forever (oldest major championship winner).

I think the Patriots losing the undefeated season to the Giants in the Super Bowl has to be the #1 devastating loss all-time in the NFL, even though nobody asked me.

1) 1994 AFC Championship Game against Chargers where they lost 17-13....3 more yards game.

I was there. Man was I pissed off after that one. That may have been the longest 4+ hour drive home a kid could ever endure.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

The day the bank took the note from Dan Snyder's daddy saying it was OK for Little Danny to purchase the Redskins. The team has yet to recover.

Oilers vs. Bills - the comeback, need I say more....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    Oilers vs. Bills - the comeback, need I say more....

That has to be #1 all time. You're talking about the when Frank Reich(QB) brought the Bills back from the 35-7 halftime deficit ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59 View Post
    The day the bank took the note from Dan Snyder's daddy saying it was OK for Little Danny to purchase the Redskins. The team has yet to recover.
    That's hilarious, but unfortunately for you Redskin fans very true. Snyder is like a young AL Davis. Except AL Davis was actually a great football mind and AFL pioneer in his youth. Snyder is a harmful meddler, always tinkering with things he shouldn't. Then we he realizes he's F---ed everything he up, he goes out and signs the highest priced free agent on the market. I hope for you Redskins fans' sake he leaves Mike Shannahan alone !

as a raider fan I would have to say the worst loss was the "tuck rule" game in the AFC championship in 2001. Heartbreaking....simply heartbreaking