Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

What's the worst loss you've ever seen your Fav NFL Team endure ?

I had mentioned in another thread(Show me your Chicago Bears stuff) how The Bears loss this year to the Bengals was the worst i'd ever endured in my 25 years as a fan. I'd seen the lose by a higher margin before, and in much bigger games. It was just the way they lost, and how overmatched or lack of effort once they were down that made it the worst. So my question to you is:

What's the worst loss you've seen your favorite NFL team endure? Not Necessarily the largest point margin, or the biggest game. Just the one that your team really looked their worst.

Re: What's the worst loss you've ever seen your Fav NFL Team endure ?

As a Packer fan losing to Favre this year hurt alot. Guess I know what it feels like for bears fans all these years...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    As a Packer fan losing to Favre this year hurt alot. Guess I know what it feels like for bears fans all these years...
    Good Example, that's exactly what type of loss i meant. This Bears fan hopes The Pack beats the Minn. Favres in the playoffs, if they play a third time.

Being a Steelers fan, I have suffered through numerous losses which include:

1) 1994 AFC Championship Game against Chargers where they lost 17-13....3 more yards game.
    2) Super Bowl XXX against Dallas Cowboys where they lost 27-17 and O'Donnell through the interceptions to Larry Brown
    3) 1997 AFC Championship against Denver
    4) 2001 AFC Championship against New England
    5) 2004 AFC Championship against New England where they went 15-1 (New England went 14-2).

Numbers 1 and 4 on this list were toughest for me. I really thought the Steelers were going to go to Super Bowl XXIX against the 49ers (and lose), and I really thought the 2001 Steelers would have faced the Rams. In 2001, I thought the Steelers might win the Super Bowl as well.

Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
    Being a Steelers fan, I have suffered through numerous losses which include:

1) 1994 AFC Championship Game against Chargers where they lost 17-13....3 more yards game.
    2) Super Bowl XXX against Dallas Cowboys where they lost 27-17 and O'Donnell through the interceptions to Larry Brown
    3) 1997 AFC Championship against Denver
    4) 2001 AFC Championship against New England
    5) 2004 AFC Championship against New England where they went 15-1 (New England went 14-2).

Numbers 1 and 4 on this list were toughest for me. I really thought the Steelers were going to go to Super Bowl XXIX against the 49ers (and lose), and I really thought the 2001 Steelers would have faced the Rams. In 2001, I thought the Steelers might win the Super Bowl as well.

Chris
    It's funny about #1(1994 Playoff loss to Chargers). I was living in Las Vegas
    then and played a 4 team Parlay. I had three of the four wins in and all the Steelers had to do was win and I would have scooped up a cool 2K. But, the Chargers beat them and i lost the $250 I laid down. So, I feel your pain on that one. Needless to say it was the last time I bet on anything ! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    I had mentioned in another thread(Show me your Chicago Bears stuff) how The Bears loss this year to the Bengals was the worst i'd ever endured in my 25 years as a fan. I'd seen the lose by a higher margin before, and in much bigger games. It was just the way they lost, and how overmatched or lack of effort once they were down that made it the worst. So my question to you is:

What's the worst loss you've seen your favorite NFL team endure? Not Necessarily the largest point margin, or the biggest game. Just the one that your team really looked their worst.
    Oakland Raiders in the Super Bowl vs Tampa Bay in '03. Team looked and played horrible and that game set the stage for the next 7 years of 11 + loss seasons.

Other worst loss endured is the Raiders vs Pats in the Tuck Rule game. First the bad call then they couldn't pick up a first down to run out the clock and gave the ball back to Brady and as they say the rest is history...

As a Charger fan, the Loss to the Patriots in 2006. I think Chargers had the Pats stopped (with Chargers Lead) after a 4th down attempt, late in the 4th Qrtr, but got Flagged by "Dray-flo`s" penalty for unsportsmanlike. SD literally had the Game won, if not for a serious lack of Conduct.

Yeah, I know, that`s how it Goes, Blah, Blah, Blah...

Eric, I know your with me on this...MY TEAMS STILL IN IT!!!!!!

Sean

tjm -

Funny as that was the same loss I was thinking about when I read the title of the post. I threw my annual Bears charity fund raiser that day and it was BRUTAL. I do raffle prizzes throughout the game etc and actually had guests ask me at halftime if I would just call all the raffle winners then so they didnt have to stick around to watch the second half. It was awful!!! I did not though and made everyone stick it out til the end. By the end we were all overserved and it made it a little easier to swallow

As a pittsburgh steelers fan i just have to say every game they lose is the worst lost for me to endure.But in recent memorey the game or games that stand out other than the 2006 and 2009 seasons.Is a tie and both were vs that team (sorry i can't even type the teams name),but that 2001 afc championship game was one i thought we had puched our ticket for the super bowl.But we were determined to get bettis into the game plan that we got out of the game plan that got us there.And the one that hurts the most is that darn 2004 afc championship game.I really thought the big ben era was going to end with at least a super bowl apperance.I mean 15-0 as a starter and the only game you lose (and lose bad) is the afc championship game at home vs a team you beat earlier in the same darn season.I am getting upset all over again.Time to go yell into my terrible towel.

Being a Detroit Lions fan every loss is expected!!!!!!