Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2010 Cardinals Winter Warm-Up

I entered the lotto to try to win a pujols ticket to buy...got the email and was so excited until i read and saw i didnt win..haha

i live in texas and was going to fly in just for the auto...oh well

Any word on if McGwire will do this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They have posted the autograph pricing and there is no mention of McGwire. I hear that players are added and deleted up until the actual event but I doubt that Big Mac makes an appearance. Actually, as I look at the list for the second time, it has changed since I first saw it earlier today. Holliday was just added to the list with autos going for $100. I am a little disappointed to see Vince Coleman's name not on the list. Maybe it will show up.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...h_schedule.pdf

Do the autograph tickets go on sale tonight at midnight? Also, is there any advantage to getting autograph tickets earlier than later?

Not sure the exact time they went up online but they are there now. I just purchased a few and am contemplating a few others. This will be my first time a the Winter Warm Up and I am trying to control myself just a bit.

Vince Coleman is now listed as signing on Monday from 11am-12pm for $10. His is the only ticket not available on the site. I don't know if that means he has already sold out or they just haven't put them up yet. His name has been listed for awhile as TBD but only recently was he added to the downloadable list.

The Cardinals. You gotta love them. 100.00 for a Holliday auto. Its know wonder these players ask for 16,000,000 per season. What a stinking joke.
    This is the type of junk that makes me wonder why I like this sport.
    If Stan Musial was a player today he what would be making per season?

The Cardinals. You gotta love them. 100.00 for a Holliday auto. Its no wonder these players ask for 16,000,000 per season. What a stinking joke.

The tickets do have numbers on them, which will determine your line spot. However, its just a matter of how long you will have to wait, you are still guaranteed the autograph. I think I read somewhere that this year the numbers will be first come first served.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by amerks25 View Post
    The Cardinals. You gotta love them. 100.00 for a Holliday auto. Its no wonder these players ask for 16,000,000 per season. What a stinking joke.
    The WWU is a fund-raiser, not a for-profit venture. That $100 goes to Cardinals Care, which distributes funds and runs programs throughout the community. It does not go to the owners or to Holliday. You might question their pricing strategy, but apparently other fans don't -- he's already sold out, according to a buddy who just tried to buy one of his tickets.

Also keep in mind the WWU will have more than 50 free autograph guests and several players sign for $5-$10.

Jeff,
    I know its a fund raiser, but the prices are way too high for the normal average, or out of work fan. It costs a ton just to get in the door. I have been to almost every WWU. The first one was the best at Americas Center. Since then they have become increasingly too expensive. Just like everything the Cardinals do. I love them, but at the same time I question how many times they can kill the average fan before Busch Stadium turns into Jacobs Field. The WWU is first class and fun, but still they should be able to give the fans a break. If the Cardinals want to do a fund raiser, why do the fans have to fund it? The people that work it are all volunteers and the private booths are costly. The owners are very wealthy and getting wealthier every season. Let Dewitt Hanser etc fund some of the charities.
    By the way, I will be at my normal 35 games next year so I am part of the problem. They know its part of our culture.

Well I just picked up tickets for myself and my wife, also some autograph tickets for Jack Clark, who I am very excited to meet. I grew up watching Clark and am a huge fan of his. I picked up his 1987 Silver Slugger award at the last GUU auction.

I have been trying to collect items from the 1987 World Series team and it looks like I should be able to meet several of those players at the event.

This will be my first time at the WWU.

It looks like there will be several of us going to the event here on the forum, maybe some of us will run into each other.

Russell Mansfield
    batdna@sbcglobal.net