Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2010 Cardinals Winter Warm-Up

I just bought my plane tickets, reserved a room, and bought my event pass. Now the hard part...trying to figure out what to take for signatures. I saw on the website that the '85 team is going to be honored. Do you think they will all be there or just the ones on the autograph list? I have never been before and was wondering if there would be other Cardinals around that aren't participating in the autograph events. If so, will they sign? For those of you that have been there in the past, any suggestions for a newbie?

Re: 2010 Cardinals Winter Warm-Up

Quote Originally Posted by jabash0331 View Post
    I just bought my plane tickets, reserved a room, and bought my event pass. Now the hard part...trying to figure out what to take for signatures. I saw on the website that the '85 team is going to be honored. Do you think they will all be there or just the ones on the autograph list? I have never been before and was wondering if there would be other Cardinals around that aren't participating in the autograph events. If so, will they sign? For those of you that have been there in the past, any suggestions for a newbie?
    Its great but it can be a very expensive weekend. Be ready to stand in line for a while getting autographs. Any Cardinal player there will have scheduled autograph time. There is a schedule. Cardinals fans are the best and will wait in line for just about any former Redbird.

Have fun.

It's unusual for old players to roam the Warm Up unless they're scheduled to sign. I know Jack Clark has done it in the past (and graciously signed for many people along the way), but for the most part, the only time you'll see players is when they're sitting at tables signing at their scheduled times (though, in the past, it was possible to catch a few retired players at the hotel bar). BTW, I know several '85 Cardinals will be at the Baseball Writers' Dinner on 1/18, but I haven't heard anything about them being honored at the Warm Up. About the only '80s guys who will be signing likely will be the ones who are there every year -- Cox, Dayley, Ford, Horton, Magrane, Worrell, etc. They usually sign for free, which means their lines will be long.

The initial list of signers has been posted on the team's Web site: http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl...autographs.jsp

While it does say the '85 team will be honored at the WWU, the list of signers includes the same guys who always sign. From that '85 team, there's no Ozzie, no Willie, no Herr, no Pendleton, no Coleman. Of course, they still could be added.

no Tito Landrum either

Thanks for the responses thus far. I am looking forward to the event. By the way, Coleman is listed as a signer with a TBD date. What other type of events are open to those attending? I am assuming that the BBW dinner is closed to the general public.

Actually, the general public can attend the BBW dinner -- $150 a ticket.

The WWU has two presentations every hour on the hour. They might be the GM talking about moves... the bat boys talking about their jobs... the team photographer talking about what he does... a HOF/museum rep discussing the history of the team uniform, etc. There also are activities on the main stage, which often includes a live radio broadcast featuring player interviews. There are six silent auctions and six live auctions... a memorabilia show... kids' activities and more. You should not be bored.

I will be at the Winter Warm-Up hopefully getting my Colby Rasmus bat signed, and possibly getting another Rasmus bat signed also. I hope to meet some of you guys there.

I know that I am new here but I would be willing for a meet and greet if anybody is interested in setting something up.

Do they sell bats at the winter-warm up?