Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOF - Wow

Re: HOF - Wow

Now I guess the next question is does the Hawk go in as an Expo or a Cub?
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    I love it ,DAWSON IN AND ALOMAR LEFT SPITTING IN THE WIND!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next year. Perhaps then I'll make as many obnoxious and annoying post about it, as you have about him not getting in Then again, I won't. I try not to be a complete ass on message boards.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    Now I guess the next question is does the Hawk go in as an Expo or a Cub?
    I would like to see him in as a Cub. I'm sure there are a ton of fans that want the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    or Larkin (2,340 hits?). Hall of Pretty Good, not even close to Hall of Fame.
    Are you serious? Not even close to the hall of fame? WOW...what game have you been watching.

This has been discussed ad nauseum....but I guess we need to do this again...

Batting average .295Home runs 198Hits 2,340Stolen bases 379TeamsCareer highlights and awardsBatting average .295Home runs 198Hits 2,340Stolen bases 379TeamsCareer highlights and awards
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Career statistics[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Batting average [/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] .295[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Home runs [/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] 198[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Hits [/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] 2,340[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Stolen bases [/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] 379[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Teams[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Career highlights and awards[/FONT]

Nough said

Banned

Alomar, McGriff and McGwire are all HOFers, Larkin and Raines are not. Once Alomar gets in next yr, the first steroid guy will have ben let in the hall and this should hopefully open the door for McGwire in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Alomar, McGriff and McGwire are all HOFers, Larkin and Raines are not. Once Alomar gets in next yr, the first steroid guy will have ben let in the hall and this should hopefully open the door for McGwire in the future.

Where has Alomar's name ever come up in a discussion of potential steroid users? I have never heard this in any place even as a possibility?
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Banned

That's because the public is still extremely naive regarding steroid use. People think that a huge spike in numbers or a body of Barry Bonds are the only tell tale signs of steroids, when in reality, the majority of players who took steroids showed no such signs, they continued to be average.
    Have you seen the size and weight of an Alomar bat? Have you ever seen a quicker fall off and complete end to somebody's career? There are a lot of players who you have never heard steroid rumors about who used. If I had to put money on it, Alomar used. Still an unbelievable player, deserving of the hall, just like McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, Manny, Pudge, Sheff, Bagwell, Biggio, A Rod etc.

Banned

Do you honestly think there are no steroid users in the HOF already? I am sure there are more than a few. I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    That's because the public is still extremely naive regarding steroid use. People think that a huge spike in numbers or a body of Barry Bonds are the only tell tale signs of steroids, when in reality, the majority of players who took steroids showed no such signs, they continued to be average.
    Have you seen the size and weight of an Alomar bat? Have you ever seen a quicker fall off and complete end to somebody's career? There are a lot of players who you have never heard steroid rumors about who used. If I had to put money on it, Alomar used. Still an unbelievable player, deserving of the hall, just like McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, Manny, Pudge, Sheff, Bagwell, Biggio, A Rod etc.
    At the end of the day, it is all speculation at least in regards to Alomar and any number of players. While we do know some used, there are many that remain complete speculation. I will give you this, his career fell apart very quickly however his health completely declined very quickly and that could be due to any number of issues including this whole AIDS accusation from last year but that really has no bearing on this specific discussion. I would not bet any amount of money on any of these people one way or the other because I am sure that we would all be very surprise by who ultimately used and did not use. BTW, Jimmie Foxx is a perfect example of a player completely losing it at a very young age.
    Brett Herman

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

You also might want to check out Robin Yount, he got started at 18 Alomar at 20 and they both started to fade pretty fast Yount done at 37 Alomar at 36. If I can find it, there was an article on ESPN a couple of years back about all the MLB HOF calibre players that began their careers at age 20 or younger and how almost across the board, they began a serious precipitous drop off in production at like 34 or 35 years of age. The theory is or was that each player no matter what age they begin has only a certain number of games in them at a high level. The numbers really do tend to bear this out.
    Brett Herman