Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOF - Wow

Re: HOF - Wow

Just curios as well, does this theory on steroids also pertain to Ken Griffey Jr.? He kind of fits the entire profile and theory of a guy physically falling apart at a young age, getting injured repeatedly and one who never bulked or balloned up yet statistically has become a shell of his former self in every way over the past five plus years.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Until next year. Perhaps then I'll make as many obnoxious and annoying post about it, as you have about him not getting in Then again, I won't. I try not to be a complete ass on message boards.
    WHO IS TALKING TO YOU? IF HE IS RELATED TO YOU I M SORRY,IF NOT KEEP COLLECTING YOUR ROID HERO PALMEIRO.HE SHOULD BE GETTING IN THE HALL ... LIKE NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    WHO IS TALKING TO YOU? IF HE IS RELATED TO YOU I M SORRY,IF NOT KEEP COLLECTING YOUR ROID HERO PALMEIRO.HE SHOULD BE GETTING IN THE HALL ... LIKE NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that people are upset with steroid users. They have a right to be. However, in some respects I think some take it to extremes. With someone like Palmeiro they act as if he would never have gotten a home run or even a hit without steroids. I suspect they aided him some, but I'm sure he would have had over 500 home runs without them, just maybe not 569. Rather than causing him to hit long home runs in his case it may have kept him from being as tired later on in the season. Palmeiro's home runs came from his swing and timing, not pure power like some of the others. Even before the steroids allegations there was a question as to whether he was a dominant enough player to make the Hall. I was at the game where he hit his 500th home run. I'm disappointed with the steroids, but he is still a player I will always like. And I think the fact that you never see him shows he is disappointed in himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Alomar, McGriff and McGwire are all HOFers, Larkin and Raines are not. Once Alomar gets in next yr, the first steroid guy will have ben let in the hall and this should hopefully open the door for McGwire in the future.
    Raines is every bit a HOF as any of the others. If Rickey Henderson had not been there, Raines would be thought of as the best base stealer of his generation. 808 SB's are nothing to sneeze at, on top of his other HOF worthy stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    Raines is every bit a HOF as any of the others. If Rickey Henderson had not been there, Raines would be thought of as the best base stealer of his generation. 808 SB's are nothing to sneeze at, on top of his other HOF worthy stats.
    other than the stolen bases, I'm curious as to what other "Hall of Fame" worthy stats Tim Raines has?

Banned

Question Re: HOF - Wow

Did you ever watch Raines or Larkin and say to yourself, "wow I'm watching a hall of famer right now?" Probably not, they had very nice careers, but this is the Hall of Fame we're talking about, they aren't quite there, sorry.

Alomar's drop off in production is uncomprable to anybody else, he literally couldn't field a ground ball in spring training and couldn't make the cut with the terrible Devil Rays. He's a Hall of Famer no doubt, all I'm saying is, once he's in, all steroid guys have to get in.

The issue with Palmeiro is, yes he would've most likely been a Hall of Famer off the juice, but he was the one guy dumb enough to get caught and keep doing steroids (detectable) and not HGH (not detectable) once MLB started cracking down. He was a great player with one of the sweetest swings we've seen, but he shouldn't be let in because of his stupidity level alone.

The only other steroid guy who should not get in maybe, is Sosa. He absolutely would not have been a HOFer w/o the juice. Like Luis Gonzalez, very average players who were a product of steroids.

Banned

I've read a lot of books about Jimmie Foxx and two things did him in at a young age: drinking and a serious sinus problem that they knew nothing about back then. Teddie Ballgame said Foxx always a little flask of whiskey in his locker. When Arod is done and we see always his statistical records, Foxx fans will say "What could have been?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I understand that people are upset with steroid users. They have a right to be. However, in some respects I think some take it to extremes. With someone like Palmeiro they act as if he would never have gotten a home run or even a hit without steroids. I suspect they aided him some, but I'm sure he would have had over 500 home runs without them, just maybe not 569. Rather than causing him to hit long home runs in his case it may have kept him from being as tired later on in the season. Palmeiro's home runs came from his swing and timing, not pure power like some of the others. Even before the steroids allegations there was a question as to whether he was a dominant enough player to make the Hall. I was at the game where he hit his 500th home run. I'm disappointed with the steroids, but he is still a player I will always like. And I think the fact that you never see him shows he is disappointed in himself.

I feel the same way with Palmeiro,disappointed. But I still like the guy. In a way I am glad he has the poor reputation that he does. Keeps prices REALLY low for me to buy his stuff

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I feel the same way with Palmeiro,disappointed. But I still like the guy. In a way I am glad he has the poor reputation that he does. Keeps prices REALLY low for me to buy his stuff
    Did everyone forget his finger pointing rant in congress. He too is a coward who commited purgery and then fell off the face of the planet without an explanation.What a role model,what a hero,what a loser!!!!!