Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Monthly Pick-Ups Ethical To Mention a Fake Item Posted

Just wondering what everybody's opinion is on this subject.

If you see something in the monthly pick-ups thread that you know is "not legit" and you have proof is it OK to point that said item out ?

FOR THE RECORD I think it is if you can back it up.

Re: Monthly Pick-Ups Ethical To Mention a Fake Item Posted

you might help them get their money back, but you also might start a big pointless fight. I would rather hear from other people if they think or know its fake. but thats just my .02

This forum is here to help educate so I think it should be pointed out. If the item is pointed out bad the buyer maybe able to get a refund and learn from his mistake.

I believe it should be pointed out. I know I would want to know!

Banned

I say yes. I would want someone to tell me if they thought an item of mine was fake.

I agree with what has already been said, if you have proof it is perfectly acceptable to make mention in a polite manner.

Speaking of myself i would'nt want to be told what i had was a fake.So no,you should not call someone out on here.As you would be doing.I can almost seeing emailing them.Or sending them a "pm" but i think i am the only one that does'nt have thier turned off on here.I guess i go with what my mom told me,"if you have nothing nice to say .then don't say it".I know this forum is about educating and helping but some people might not want that help.Goes under that mind your own buisness thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Speaking of myself i would'nt want to be told what i had was a fake.So no,you should not call someone out on here.As you would be doing.I can almost seeing emailing them.Or sending them a "pm" but i think i am the only one that does'nt have thier turned off on here.I guess i go with what my mom told me,"if you have nothing nice to say .then don't say it".I know this forum is about educating and helping but some people might not want that help.Goes under that mind your own buisness thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    This is in no way a personal attack, as I have nothing personal against you. I am merely commenting on your reply in this thread.

You can't be serious. I honestly think, after reading a dozen or so of your recent posts, that you are simply disagreeing with others just to disagree i.e arguing for the sake of arguement.

Mind your own business? If you have nothing nice to say?

This isn't Miss Sally's (or Miss Nancy's, depending age lol) Romper Room. This is a forum of (mostly) educated, intelligent, well meaning individuals who have a passion for collecting game used memorabilia. I would dare to guess that nearly everyone here would like to know if they bought or were about to buy a fraudulent item. Whether it came from a PM, an email or direct post. I get the feeling that nearly everyone here has a decent relationship with each other, either as fellow collectors or even good friends. Members here seem to look out for one another, exactly how it should be.

Your opinion on how it should be is EXACTLY how theft and deception is bred, by people not taking a stand or pointing out fraudulent/fake items. Thieves/frauds pray for collectors with your mindset, those that won't say anything to anyone and just carry on as if it's not their business.

Thankfully not everyone sees things as you do.

Definitely, I would want someone to tell me if they knew something I didn't. As long as they had proof, I would hope that anyone of us is mature enough to realize that they should consider this a help, and not be angry at the person for pointing it out. I mean does anyone (maybe with the few exceptions of people who have had problems with one another) have reason to call someone's item out if they don't believe it to be true. I know I would need more than a hunch to point something out as a fake.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com