X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lokee
    Banned
    • May 2008

Monthly Pick-Ups Ethical To Mention a Fake Item Posted

Just wondering what everybody's opinion is on this subject.

If you see something in the monthly pick-ups thread that you know is "not legit" and you have proof is it OK to point that said item out ?

FOR THE RECORD I think it is if you can back it up.
  • ivo610
    • Dec 2009

Re: Monthly Pick-Ups Ethical To Mention a Fake Item Posted

you might help them get their money back, but you also might start a big pointless fight. I would rather hear from other people if they think or know its fake. but thats just my .02
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• mfsquirrelmaster
      • Jan 2007

This forum is here to help educate so I think it should be pointed out. If the item is pointed out bad the buyer maybe able to get a refund and learn from his mistake.

Comment

• stretch
        • Mar 2009

I believe it should be pointed out. I know I would want to know!

Comment

• NYCrulesU
          Banned
          • Jul 2009

I say yes. I would want someone to tell me if they thought an item of mine was fake.

Comment

• gannonknight85
            • Aug 2008

I agree with what has already been said, if you have proof it is perfectly acceptable to make mention in a polite manner.

Comment

• jobathenut
              • Nov 2008

Speaking of myself i would'nt want to be told what i had was a fake.So no,you should not call someone out on here.As you would be doing.I can almost seeing emailing them.Or sending them a "pm" but i think i am the only one that does'nt have thier turned off on here.I guess i go with what my mom told me,"if you have nothing nice to say .then don't say it".I know this forum is about educating and helping but some people might not want that help.Goes under that mind your own buisness thing.

Comment

• platinum1
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by jobathenut
                Speaking of myself i would'nt want to be told what i had was a fake.So no,you should not call someone out on here.As you would be doing.I can almost seeing emailing them.Or sending them a "pm" but i think i am the only one that does'nt have thier turned off on here.I guess i go with what my mom told me,"if you have nothing nice to say .then don't say it".I know this forum is about educating and helping but some people might not want that help.Goes under that mind your own buisness thing.

Comment

• NYCrulesU
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jobathenut
                  This is in no way a personal attack, as I have nothing personal against you. I am merely commenting on your reply in this thread.

You can't be serious. I honestly think, after reading a dozen or so of your recent posts, that you are simply disagreeing with others just to disagree i.e arguing for the sake of arguement.

Mind your own business? If you have nothing nice to say?

This isn't Miss Sally's (or Miss Nancy's, depending age lol) Romper Room. This is a forum of (mostly) educated, intelligent, well meaning individuals who have a passion for collecting game used memorabilia. I would dare to guess that nearly everyone here would like to know if they bought or were about to buy a fraudulent item. Whether it came from a PM, an email or direct post. I get the feeling that nearly everyone here has a decent relationship with each other, either as fellow collectors or even good friends. Members here seem to look out for one another, exactly how it should be.

Your opinion on how it should be is EXACTLY how theft and deception is bred, by people not taking a stand or pointing out fraudulent/fake items. Thieves/frauds pray for collectors with your mindset, those that won't say anything to anyone and just carry on as if it's not their business.

Thankfully not everyone sees things as you do.

Comment

• spartakid
                    • Oct 2008

Definitely, I would want someone to tell me if they knew something I didn't. As long as they had proof, I would hope that anyone of us is mature enough to realize that they should consider this a help, and not be angry at the person for pointing it out. I mean does anyone (maybe with the few exceptions of people who have had problems with one another) have reason to call someone's item out if they don't believe it to be true. I know I would need more than a hunch to point something out as a fake.
                    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• 10thMan
                      • Dec 2006

I would say yes, I would want to know if I bought something that was Bogus.

The sooner I know, the better, but I only speak for myself. Easy to say it could lead to an argument, or someone may offer an Opinion that may not necessarily be "fact" or True.

"Tie Base goes to the Runner" STEVE, I`m joking...

Sean

Comment

• jobathenut
                        • Nov 2008

I am sorry that i don't drink the kool aid and disagree with you guys.Man i can not believe i have been called out yet again today for speaking my mind on this "forum".ALRIGHT-I'LL JUST KEEP MY DAMN THOUGHTS TO MYSELF.
                        Originally posted by NYCrulesU
                        This is in no way a personal attack, as I have nothing personal against you. I am merely commenting on your reply in this thread.

You can't be serious. I honestly think, after reading a dozen or so of your recent posts, that you are simply disagreeing with others just to disagree i.e arguing for the sake of arguement.

Mind your own business? If you have nothing nice to say?

This isn't Miss Sally's (or Miss Nancy's, depending age lol) Romper Room. This is a forum of (mostly) educated, intelligent, well meaning individuals who have a passion for collecting game used memorabilia. I would dare to guess that nearly everyone here would like to know if they bought or were about to buy a fraudulent item. Whether it came from a PM, an email or direct post. I get the feeling that nearly everyone here has a decent relationship with each other, either as fellow collectors or even good friends. Members here seem to look out for one another, exactly how it should be.

Your opinion on how it should be is EXACTLY how theft and deception is bred, by people not taking a stand or pointing out fraudulent/fake items. Thieves/frauds pray for collectors with your mindset, those that won't say anything to anyone and just carry on as if it's not their business.

Thankfully not everyone sees things as you do.

Comment

• NYCrulesU
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2009

I wasn't "calling you out". I specifically said I wasn't attacking you, I was merely replying to your comments. Call it a debate, call it gruff constructive criticism. Calling you out? No.

You come off as very hostile. I believe I may be done even trying to talk to you. Sadly, it has to be that way since you clearly are looking for conflict when none is there.

Take care friend.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by platinum1
                            hahaha
                            Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• metsbats
                              • Nov 2005

Guys,

No need to fight here. Joba made it clear that he personally does not want to know if he's purchased a fake publically. That's his answer to the question being asked.

Joba

The "mind your own business" angle I don't understand. If one posts items on this forum located on the Internet it's for public consumption and you've just shown your business (as Gilda Radner used to say).

That said lets move on.
                              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...