X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcgreg25
    • Jan 2008

Re: Jamal Lewis NFL Auctions Jersey

Originally posted by tcfor3
    This jersey may have been worn against the Vikings and then had the pink captain's patch sewn on in anticipation of him playing against the Bengals on 10/4 which was Cleveland's next home game after the home opener with Minnesota (9/13).

Better pictures would be needed to see how much wear the jersey has and if there are any marks or tears that can be photo-matched to the Vikings game.
    Let's try this again as there was a problem with the quote in my earlier reply....

Its possible but I think that the pink captains patch jerseys were new jerseys that were issued to players and used only in these games. I checked the stitching on the back of the pink patch on my Josh Cribbs jersey and there is no evidence of another patch having been present or removed on the jersey. Based on the NFL auctions response and the lack of any evidence of wear in the (limited) pics, I would not buy it as anything other than GI.

Comment

• dcgreg25
      • Jan 2008

Well, it closed at $585.00 which is about $400 less than the GU white version sold for in a previous auction. i guess this goes on the list of NFL auctions jerseys we will have to keep an eye out for when/if they cycle back through ebay or the auction houses.

Comment

• paradoxx80
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by tjm5711
        They had a Brackett Colts jersey about a month ago that was the same. Pink "C" patch and it said Game Used. The listing didn't specify which game. Brackett was inactive for two games in October, which probably accounted for the low selling price($500). Which was the only reason it caught my eye being exclusively a Chicago Bears collector. They are not putting the "game-issued" title on these. Like you said, probably just an oversight.

I noticed this too and also emailed regarding this issue. They simply reiterated that the "Blue" home jersey was game used, although Brackett was not active. I believe it was a home match against Seattle in which they wore the pink patches.

It makes me want to check everything on NFL auctions from now on.

Fortuantely, his other pink patch jersey was game used and was "grass"ed up from the action. Glad I got that one instead!

Comment

• ivo610
          • Dec 2009

With all the cops on here couldnt someone maybe send them a letter about them committing fraud? I am appalled by some of the business practices of the NFL in the name of charity. But more than likely its just one lazy employee that is giving them a bad name.
          Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

Working...