Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

your missing one part, an item is worth what one person is willing to pay at THAT point in time.

now for example you just paid $750 for the barber jersey , dose that mean it is only worth about $400-500 because that is what one would expect to get? or is it worth the $750 you paid?

Thanks, my friend. That one was really getting to be a festering thorn in my backside.

With the possible exception of an old James Wilder jersey, (of which I've only ever seen one), my Bucs collection is pretty much complete now, at least in regards to the players I've had on a short list to acquire is concerned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    If there was any real doubt about what any of those Barber jerseys are truly worth check the results of the first one to hit ebay.

$724.....Less than half of what they were selling for in NFL Auctions.
    Once again, the secondary market proves to be the true indicator of value.

"An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it"........right.
    And as I said before, if I stumble upon some schmuck who's willing to lay out 10K for an '84 Camry, does that make it a 10K car?
    Absolutely not.

BTW, the Barber should be on my wall by next week.
    Congrats! Great to say someone get the missing piece for their collection. What you say is true. The jerseys on Ebay that originated on NFL Auctions either sit there unbought or sell for less than they originally sold for on there. Have yet to see one sell higher than the seller paid even the Peyton Manning BCA jersey when taxes and shipping that the seller paid to acquire the jersey and his Ebay and Paypal fees to sell it are factored in went for a loss. I have resold three jerseys I won from there and essentially broke even on two and lost $150 on the third. I am trying to sell two more that noone wants at even half of what I paid. It is not just NFL Auctions though. JO sells Jared Allen gamers for $2,200, they had sold out of them at that price but since the regular season have gotten a few more in. They cosigned one to Grey Flannel's December auction that went for $1,400 something. I bought that jersey from the Grey Flannel purchaser for an even grand a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by clinton2828 View Post

your missing one part, an item is worth what one person is willing to pay at THAT point in time.

Doesn't hold water.
    Just because you paid too much for something doesn't make it worth what you paid for it.....it just means you paid too much.
    Try re-selling that item for the price you paid. It won't happen.

That '84 Camry isn't worth 10K "at THAT point in time" or any other point in time.

Common sense should always be the determining factor in the purchasing of any item.

Have any 2009 Patriots AFL red jerseys or regular blue jerseys been sold yet on NFL auctions?

Definitely not yet if ever?

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Doesn't hold water.
    Just because you paid too much for something doesn't make it worth what you paid for it.....it just means you paid too much.
    Try re-selling that item for the price you paid. It won't happen.

That '84 Camry isn't worth 10K "at THAT point in time" or any other point in time.

Common sense should always be the determining factor in the purchasing of any item.
    Common sense often has very little to do with either the collectibles market or auctions in general.

True.

But in this house, common sense is always the determining factor.

The prices on JO Sports are way over priced. I have tried to deal with JO Sports and there is negotiations with there prices! You are better off getting jersey from NFL Auctions. Plus I have heard that players in the league are starting to keep there game used jersey and send some of the game issued jersey to them.

Anybody pick up anything at the "New and Improved" NFL Auctions last night?

That was one of the better NFL offerings that has taken place in quite a while!