Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Need Advice ASAP Ebay/Paypal Buyer Switched Items

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Lokee, I have had this type of bad experience once with ebay. If you get the merchandise back, and it is in ANY way altered or messed with, incomplete, defective, etc., call Paypal and tell them you received "damages goods" back.....items you sent out in good condition which are now damaged and leaves you in a position of being unable to relist them as they were.

Paypal will then ask you to send the items to them, of course which you need to do with delivery confirmation. After performing a basic investigation which includes nothing more than viewing your damaged items to verify that fact) they will reimburse you the sale amount of your auction, because they have insurance to cover these types of bad situations.....I believe up to $2,000 a claim (not positive of that amount, but you can always find out by asking them).

Then, it is the insurance companies task of deciding whether or not they want to go after the buyer for the cost of the items, based on what they find by their review of the "damaged goods". That is about the only thing I have found to be positive in regards to the policies of Paypal.

So, Lokee, if you do receive them back "damaged".....make sure before you send them to paypal, you take a few digital photos showing the issues. They will be able to pull up from archives your original photos diplayed in your auction for comparison.

It's a huge hassle, but it in end, it's the closest thing to justice you will find as it will reconstruct the results of your auction before the criminal activity occured, and put this wrong situation back on the right side of the law.....your side!

Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?

Good luck in obtaining a positive outcome, Lokee.

Steve
    This may not always work. I had a situation where a buyer purchased and autographed jersey from me. I sent it neatly folded in a bag. Everything was in tact, the COA and proof photo was in a nice presentation envelop, etc.

Make a long story short, the buyer didn't want it and opened a claim with PAYPAL as item not as described. PAYPAL naturally snatched my money, so I asked the buyer to send the item back (in its original condition).

When the jersey arrived, it was wadded up inside of the shipping bag, wrinkled beyond repair, it reeked of smoke and funk, the proof pic was torn in half and the COA was nowhere to be found.

I immediately got the camera and documented everything and returned to PAYPAL do to exactly what you are referring to - open a claim against the buyer for items received as damaged or not in its original condition, along with providing a dozen or so pictures of the jerseys condition.

PAYPAL did squat. I went in circles with them for months and got nowhere. I had to eat a jersey that was unable to be resold, and out the cash for the listing and original purchase price.

I would be weary about this avenue. PAYPAL will do all they can NOT to have to eat the cost. If I got the shaft over a couple hundred, I can't imagine them budging for thousands.

I wish you all the best - KEEP UP THE FIGHT!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    This may not always work. I had a situation where a buyer purchased and autographed jersey from me. I sent it neatly folded in a bag. Everything was in tact, the COA and proof photo was in a nice presentation envelop, etc.

Make a long story short, the buyer didn't want it and opened a claim with PAYPAL as item not as described. PAYPAL naturally snatched my money, so I asked the buyer to send the item back (in its original condition).

When the jersey arrived, it was wadded up inside of the shipping bag, wrinkled beyond repair, it reeked of smoke and funk, the proof pic was torn in half and the COA was nowhere to be found.

I immediately got the camera and documented everything and returned to PAYPAL do to exactly what you are referring to - open a claim against the buyer for items received as damaged or not in its original condition, along with providing a dozen or so pictures of the jerseys condition.

PAYPAL did squat. I went in circles with them for months and got nowhere. I had to eat a jersey that was unable to be resold, and out the cash for the listing and original purchase price.

I would be weary about this avenue. PAYPAL will do all they can NOT to have to eat the cost. If I got the shaft over a couple hundred, I can't imagine them budging for thousands.

I wish you all the best - KEEP UP THE FIGHT!

PayPal will screw you if you're the seller. And yes for thousands, no doubt ! The worst part is all the time you spend on the phone on hold.

I'm telling you though. BEWARE of receiving an empty package back as a return. It will be your word against theirs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    PayPal will screw you if you're the seller. And yes for thousands, no doubt ! The worst part is all the time you spend on the phone on hold.

I'm telling you though. BEWARE of receiving an empty package back as a return. It will be your word against theirs.
    Still no confirmation of a return.

I plan on documenting the whole thing on video from the moment the package is recieved from the postman to it being opened "live infront of our naked steaming eyes" (David Lee Roth Quote).

Iam hoping that email worked and she knows she has been made and will just say screw it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Still no confirmation of a return.

I plan on documenting the whole thing on video from the moment the package is recieved from the postman to it being opened "live infront of our naked steaming eyes" (David Lee Roth Quote).

Iam hoping that email worked and she knows she has been made and will just say screw it.
    EXCELLENT IDEA ! I never thought of video taping it. Make sure to zoom in on the package's unique numbers and labels. Very good thinking, Now you're really covering your backside !

If this was within a 5 hour drive I would be showing up at someones house.

Banned

UPDATE:

So according to paypal she has sent back the item. The 18th was her last day to do so and she printed the label up last night I checked the tracking and it comes up "No Record Of Item" so iam assuming it has not actually hit the post office yet.

If you do indeed receive a package from her, I would open it in the presence of a police officer or detective. They'll be your first-hand witness of what was sent back. Because of the dollar amount here, there's a good chance that her antics will be considered some kind of felony theft (amount varies from state to state).

Even if your police don't have jurisdiction over the case because the theft took place in the crook's home town, your local police can still do a short report on their end to verify what you did or didn't receive -- and be a way to get the attention of the crook's hometown police department too.

A PSA from your fellow forum member and former police officer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Fight blonde dolls with brunette actions figures: