Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Banned

Need Advice ASAP Ebay/Paypal Buyer Switched Items

Allright so my Wife sold a lot of Vintage high end Barbies and clothes for a about a grand on ebay. I saw what she shipped we know we shipped her everything she won and everything was perfect. She shipped it out and it arrived 2 days later (usps confirmation). The buyer just opened a paypal dispute (about a month later) saying she didn't recieve what she ordered that all the Barbies have green on them and that NO clothes where in the package. Obviously the buyer is switching out the good Barbies and throwing in the crap ones. The buyer just sold on Jan 6th a bunch of the clothes that my Wife had sent her. This lady is a scam. We called her last night she said that she JUST opened the package yesterday and that she shipped the package back in the morning and she denied everything saying we will let paypal decide.

I feel like our hands are tied. Anyone who uses ebay/paypal knows that the BUYER has 100% protection.

So how can we prove our case ? I have all the pictures of the auction the lady won. I also have captured the auction she just sold with the clothes in it.

I need your help guys

Re: Need Advice ASAP Ebay/Paypal Buyer Switched Items

Wow thats tough. I have always had a fear of that happening to me. I havent sold a ton (about 100 items) but have never had that happen. whats the persons feedback? If I were you I would call Ebay immediately and explain your situation. When they do decide they will have that on record that you made an effort right away to tell your side of the story and your concerns with a scam.

Yikes...
    I would say as long as you have the pictures and the auction proof...I mean if she posted pictures of what she was selling initially then the dispute ends there especially if those original clothes ended up in her future auction.

or you could close your bank account and close your paypal account I would think. Sucks to go to that extreme. I don't really know all the ins and outs of paypal but you've always got those drastic measures that people take when then lose there wallets etc.

Could you imagine selling a high-end jersey on ebay and having the buyer switch it with a retail jersey and then pulling a similar stunt...OUCH! Its an ugly world that we live in.

Good Luck. It doesn't sound like fun at all!

wade

Banned

It is a tough one especially proving your case. The buyer has 150 positives and has been a member for 1 year. All she does is buy Barbie stuff.

I have 0% faith in PayPal actually making sense of this situation only because they tend to not take all the evidence into consideration.

I will be video taping our trip to the post office and the opening of the returned package so maybe that will help as well.

Looks like good old Lokee will be selling one of his game used items to pay for our mortgage LOL

I would recommend alerting the buyer that you will contacting her local police department and the postmaster general and asking them to investigate her for fraud, and that you intend to press criminal charges to the letter of the law. Would also mention that you may also file a civil suit against her as well for any funds she takes back from you + court fees + expenses for your time spent in this endeavour. Would also suggest you disconnect your bank account from your paypal account now (they can not authorize a charge back on your credit card without your consent). I think the criminal investigation for fraud may get the buyer's attention. Don't waste your time with ebay and paypal stating your case - I speak from experience here. I had a buyer buy a jersey from me via paypal with a stolen credit card. The buyer ended up with the jersey; I got nothing except the finger from paypal as they quickly removed the money from my account. I asked ebay to, at minimum, suspend the person's ebay account - they said they'd look into it, but never did.
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beavisrules View Post
    I would recommend alerting the buyer that you will contacting her local police department and the postmaster general and asking them to investigate her for fraud, and that you intend to press criminal charges to the letter of the law. Would also mention that you may also file a civil suit against her as well for any funds she takes back from you + court fees + expenses for your time spent in this endeavour. Would also suggest you disconnect your bank account from your paypal account now (they can not authorize a charge back on your credit card without your consent). I think the criminal investigation for fraud may get the buyer's attention. Don't waste your time with ebay and paypal stating your case - I speak from experience here. I had a buyer buy a jersey from me via paypal with a stolen credit card. The buyer ended up with the jersey; I got nothing except the finger from paypal as they quickly removed the money from my account. I asked ebay to, at minimum, suspend the person's ebay account - they said they'd look into it, but never did.

I had a similar situation last year with a buyer who bought a framed jersey from me. After having it for a couple weeks he decided he didn't want it. He got a refund and PayPal put my account $1100 in the negative(the price of the item). This guy then shipped me back the BROKEN GLASS only in the box,(to make it look like he returned it) and reversed the $75 shipping charges to ME upon Receipt at the FEDEX office where I was called to pick it up ! I got there, refused to pay until I opened it with the FEDEX people as witnesses. Anyways it took about two months and Paypal verifying my story and they finally reimbursed my account. I promptly closed my account. PAYPAL IS A JOKE ! They will freeze money of yours for months, on a suspicion !

Oh yeah, the scumbag buyer ? He kept his refund, and I just saw the jersey a month or so ago back on Ebay relisted. So the piece of garbage got a free jersey and then turned around and made money selling it. Paypal wound up picking up the $1100 tab, because the Credit Card Company told them to stick it !LOL I thought it was justified since they enabled this scumbag to do this.

#1 Make an effort NOT to get nasty about any of it, no-one wants to hear it, including Ebay/Paypal. People will be more likely to listen to your Case, you`ll get MUCH BETTER RESULTS.

#2 Build a Case & present it well! Photos of Original Sale, Timestamped/video as you open returned Items. Photos of the "Blinged out" Barbie Clothes your Wife sold, which the Lady did NOT return.

#3 Buyer does NOT have 100% protection, if you can Prove FRAUD/DECEIT.

Turkey Day, Lady ran a Red Light, 9700.00+ damage to my 4x4, NOT Including Medical. She Lied about the ENTIRE Process, until her Ins.Co. called her Bluff!!! If she would have Lied one more time, It would have been a Felony!!! Thank God for Witnesses. Sucks to have to fight this stuff, I`ve had to Fight for everything I have.

The Truth will come out, The Process sucks sometimes.

Sean

Banned

Paypal has a monopoly on Ebay payments and still get by with murder, due to the lack of regulation of the internet. A lot of people have and will get screwed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    Paypal has a monopoly on Ebay payments and still get by with murder, due to the lack of regulation of the internet. A lot of people have and will get screwed by them.

Ebay owns Paypal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    Ebay owns Paypal.

Yeah, It's a joke ! And Ebay, won't allow and independent payment service to compete with PayPal. Thus, Ebay makes all the money, and we the consumers are subject to PayPal's Gestapo like tactics !