Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has this ever happened on NFL Auctions?

I was browsing through NFL auctions a few minutes ago and saw a bunch of alternate orange Dolphins jerseys that arenn't supposed to be listed until Sunday. Has NFL auctions ever posted something 2 days early? I'm excited! I've wanted an orange for my collection and hope one comes at the right price .

Re: Has this ever happened on NFL Auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    I was browsing through NFL auctions a few minutes ago and saw a bunch of alternate orange Dolphins jerseys that arenn't supposed to be listed until Sunday. Has NFL auctions ever posted something 2 days early? I'm excited! I've wanted an orange for my collection and hope one comes at the right price .
    Oops! Meant to add a link

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...5664914&type=A

Might just wanted to give them a few days more exposure. Love those Orange Alternates. Nice to see they used them again this year. What game were they worn?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Might just wanted to give them a few days more exposure. Love those Orange Alternates. Nice to see they used them again this year. What game were they worn?

10/12/09 vs NYJ

Yeah, those alternates are awesome! I was excited to see them brought back this year. I'm hoping it's a yearly thing now. My hopes were to add one to my collection. Now I may have my chance!!!

Just checked them out...Great Looking Jerseys and plenty to choose from!

I just got my Joey Porter's pink Captains Patch Game worn jersey. It smelled and looked like it came right off the shelf? I looked it up and Porter was inactive for that game??

If it was hanging in his locker you wouldn't consider it game worn would you?

I figure I have 2 options...... I can complain to NFL auctions or throw it on and roll around in my back yard for awhile!

Yeah he was inactive for that game, and the only other game in October against New Orleans, the green patch was worn. I was at the Buffalo game this year and he was on the sidelines in shorts and a t-shirt! I'd complain if I were you!

They wear them only for prime time games and this, I believe, was the first one since they last wore them a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Just checked them out...Great Looking Jerseys and plenty to choose from!

I just got my Joey Porter's pink Captains Patch Game worn jersey. It smelled and looked like it came right off the shelf? I looked it up and Porter was inactive for that game??

If it was hanging in his locker you wouldn't consider it game worn would you?

I figure I have 2 options...... I can complain to NFL auctions or throw it on and roll around in my back yard for awhile!
    You got a link to the jersey listing. So the auction clearly said it was game used? They usually list stuff the right way. What is the psa/dna serial #. What comes up when you punch that serial # in the data base.

If it clearly says it is game used and it is tagged that way being from a game he was inactive. You should return it. So jersey shows no use or hit marks on it. Or could it have been worn in previous game.

Banned

There was a Porter jersey that was clearly marked as game issued sold on there recently. Also the one in the auction that ended Tuesday sold way too cheap compared to prior sales (it even sold for a few hundred less than the one marked game issued) so if that is the one you are referring to I am not surprised. As DCGreg taught us on the Jamal Lewis thread you have to do your homework even if the jersey is from NFL auctions you can try getting them to let you return it but good luck as I doubt they will take it back as they are not keeping the money you paid as it goes to charity and the auctions are clear that the items are sold as is.