Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Has this ever happened on NFL Auctions?

None of those jerseys look used. Ok there are washed for sure, but I cant spot a single rip or repair on any of them. hmmm

As for listing them early I think that NFL auctions lets teams post items to the site. Which would explain the Browns testing this week. The ones with the NFL logo, the HOF logo, and the PINK logo are posted by NFL auctions people. At least thats what I have always assumed.

Regarding the Porter Pink Captains patch Jersey...PSA/DNA lists it as Game used and signed.

I paid $800 for it.

NFL has fully apologized for the mixup and will refund my $$ as they stated that it is probably really "Game Issued" and should have been documented as such.

Here is the dilemma.....Should I return it or keep it as a game issued, but authenticated as game used and signed? Is $800 too much for game issued and signed porter jersey?

Any thoughts?

I would try to ask them for a partial refund and keep it. Even though it is only game issued it has a rare pink captains patch on it. I don't know if they would do that but its worth a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    None of those jerseys look used. Ok there are washed for sure, but I cant spot a single rip or repair on any of them. hmmm

As for listing them early I think that NFL auctions lets teams post items to the site. Which would explain the Browns testing this week. The ones with the NFL logo, the HOF logo, and the PINK logo are posted by NFL auctions people. At least thats what I have always assumed.

You're right, I've looked at every one in detail. Obviously the Dolphins play on natural grass, and it was a very hot night during that game. I went, and was sweating like a mad man. These jerseys must have been washed, but the Dolphins must have the best detergent in the NFL. I have plenty of jerseys that have been washed, but still have facemask paint marks all over them. Even from jerseys worn for 1 game, you'd think the O-line and D-line would have some use. This Ferguson jersey is the only one where I can spot possible use, on the #9 on the right shoulder. But this could just be a loose thread? I'd be upset paying big money for a game issued jersey.

Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  146.5 KB

I would be willing to bet they were washed, but I have also noticed too, use can be hard to see with just a picture. Certainly not issued, heres the description.

DOLPHINS JASON FERGUSON SIGNED GAME WORN ALTERNATE JERSEY. Worn Oct 12, 2009 against the NY Jets. Certificate of authenticity provided by the Dolphins

Im glad i am not a fin fan because I would have a very hard time deciding if I wanted to take a chance and buy one or two of those jerseys. And that photo with the 9, looks like a piece of thread to me, but what can you tell from the pics to begin with?

As far as NFL auctions admitting the mistake, why is everyone so forgiving? Because they dont do it for profit? If this was any other company they would be getting ripped apart on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Im glad i am not a fin fan because I would have a very hard time deciding if I wanted to take a chance and buy one or two of those jerseys. And that photo with the 9, looks like a piece of thread to me, but what can you tell from the pics to begin with?

As far as NFL auctions admitting the mistake, why is everyone so forgiving? Because they dont do it for profit? If this was any other company they would be getting ripped apart on here.
    Too me, I just noticed hit marks on the right shoulder. But without seeing the jersey, you really can't judge it. I noticed that with a few of the jerseys I have. I see pictures and then receive it in the mail.

As far as being forgiving, it could be just communication error on ones part. If it keeps happening, then I wouldn't be so forgiving.

I honestly don't think the Dolphins would try and rip any one off. I'm sure they are washed though.

Banned

I personally am no longer bidding on items from NFL auctions. There are too many mixups. The Porter, the Jamal Lewis and now possibly these Deolphins jerseys. I am disturbed by the post by the Porter jersey buyer saying the PSA sticker number comes up in the database as game used when it is not. What is to stop him from adding dirt, etc. to the jersey to make it look game used and selling it for a few hundred more than he payed for it to some unsuspecting collector who relies on the database and does not conduct outside research. I don't want to spend my time photomatching and checking box scores, injury reports, game notes, etc. to ascertain when a uniform is from and whether it is possible for a particular player to have worn a jersey or not. A jersey that I would be paying a extra for because it is from NFL Auctions. Yes this is for charity rather than profit for the NFL and the teams but it does not excuse it and until they start striving for accurute descriptions and providing better photos and/or descriptions of game use like JO does for example then I simply will not buy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I personally am no longer bidding on items from NFL auctions. There are too many mixups. The Porter, the Jamal Lewis and now possibly these Deolphins jerseys. I am disturbed by the post by the Porter jersey buyer saying the PSA sticker number comes up in the database as game used when it is not. What is to stop him from adding dirt, etc. to the jersey to make it look game used and selling it for a few hundred more than he payed for it to some unsuspecting collector who relies on the database and does not conduct outside research. I don't want to spend my time photomatching and checking box scores, injury reports, game notes, etc. to ascertain when a uniform is from and whether it is possible for a particular player to have worn a jersey or not. A jersey that I would be paying a extra for because it is from NFL Auctions. Yes this is for charity rather than profit for the NFL and the teams but it does not excuse it and until they start striving for accurute descriptions and providing better photos and/or descriptions of game use like JO does for example then I simply will not buy.

You make very valid points, and it points to the fact that there sometimes is a risk in buying from even the most credible sources. I have heard of and experienced similar confusions with the PSA database. And you are more than fully justified in demanding more with the crazy prices we all pay on NFL Auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I personally do not see where these Dolphins jerseys would even be in question. I pulled up a random 2 to look at and found use on them. Everyone on here knows that you can't judge a jersey til its in your hands.

Name:  000.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  0000.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  87.6 KB