Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Has this ever happened on NFL Auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    I personally do not see where these Dolphins jerseys would even be in question. I pulled up a random 2 to look at and found use on them. Everyone on here knows that you can't judge a jersey til its in your hands.

Attachment 33766

Attachment 33767
    Therein lies the problem after you have paid for it and it has arrived in your home should not be when your able to judge it. Better pictures and/or a description of the signs of game use the jersey evidences should be there to allow you to judge the jersey BEFORE you bid on it. right now it is a crapshoot as to what you will find when you open the box and if you find something questionable you have to go through the hassle of trying to return it and likely having to pay return shipping costs. Mistakes do happen but when they do they and they are alerted to them they must be corrected. When they were questioned about the Jamal Lewis and admitted it was game issued the description should have immediately been changed and all bidders given the option to withdraw their bid. With the Porter jersey the buyer should have been given the option to return it for a game used one (don't tell me the Dolphins don't have another used Porter jersey at their disposal and if not one from next season) and the one that was misdescribed should have immediately been corrected in the database. And they should be more vigilant in finding and correcting mistakes on their own.

All I said about these Dolphins jerseys was that it was POSSIBLE that there were issues because I have looked at the pics on there and I can see where people are saying they cannot see signs of use in alot of the pictures. Don't get me wrong they could be amazing jerseys but from those pictures noone can really tell.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Therein lies the problem after you have paid for it and it has arrived in your home should not be when your able to judge it. Better pictures and/or a description of the signs of game use the jersey evidences should be there to allow you to judge the jersey BEFORE you bid on it. right now it is a crapshoot as to what you will find when you open the box and if you find something questionable you have to go through the hassle of trying to return it and likely having to pay return shipping costs. Mistakes do happen but when they do they and they are alerted to them they must be corrected. When they were questioned about the Jamal Lewis and admitted it was game issued the description should have immediately been changed and all bidders given the option to withdraw their bid. With the Porter jersey the buyer should have been given the option to return it for a game used one (don't tell me the Dolphins don't have another used Porter jersey at their disposal and if not one from next season) and the one that was misdescribed should have immediately been corrected in the database. And they should be more vigilant in finding and correcting mistakes on their own.

All I said about these Dolphins jerseys was that it was POSSIBLE that there were issues because I have looked at the pics on there and I can see where people are saying they cannot see signs of use in alot of the pictures. Don't get me wrong they could be amazing jerseys but from those pictures noone can really tell.
    I can agree that they need to be more vigiant in correcting mistakes. But NFL Auctions is a great asset to the game used community. Especially as a Dolphins collector. The Dolphins organization do not sell their jerseys outside of NFL Auctions. Its very rare to find one outside of NFL auctions. I own alot of no names because they are hard to find. So when I have the funds and I see one, I snag it. Infact last year I started expanding my collection to Dolphins players when they were with other teams. One thing I always wanted in my collection was the orange alternate. Right now its a shame because money is not great right now. I suppose they'll be on ebay soon .

Just to clear up this Dolphins Orange Jersey issue on NFL Auctions, this is a quote from an email I received from the Dolphins. These are definitely the jerseys worn on the field, the NFL Auction pictures must be a very poor quality, and they are obviously washed...

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']The team has auctioned the orange authentic game jerseys worn by players in the Dolphins' home game against the New York Jets on October 12, 2009[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    "This was only the third time in team history that our team wore orange jerseys," said Mike Dee, Dolphins CEO. "The game was an electric night and exciting contest for all of our fans. We are happy that everyone can take a piece of the action home and know that the money raised from this auction will benefit the important causes we serve in the community."

It sure would be nice if the folks writing the descriptions for NFL auction items put forth at least a minimal amount of effort. You're lucky if you get two complete sentences. Much of the confusion, questions, and returns could be eliminated with a little more care in the form of more detailed write ups.

Jason, patience is a virtue. There is no real shortage of these items and eventually they will pop up again. Happy collecting to all.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    Jason, patience is a virtue. There is no real shortage of these items and eventually they will pop up again. Happy collecting to all.
    Thanks for the advice!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan14 View Post
    It sure would be nice if the folks writing the descriptions for NFL auction items put forth at least a minimal amount of effort. You're lucky if you get two complete sentences. Much of the confusion, questions, and returns could be eliminated with a little more care in the form of more detailed write ups.

Thats true on the patience thing they are popping up all over Ebay I think it is because people buy them knowing they cant afford them and just want to enjoy them for a bit then they sell them. I have noticed most of them have not been sold above what the seller paid for them.

NFL Auctions has just listed the third set of BCA "game worn" wristbands of Jones-Drew. I do not think it is the same pair re-listed twice, because they are different photos. 1. I cannot find a single photo (getty images, jaguars.com etc.) of MJD wearing wristbands during that game. 2. The Jaguars wore their BCA gear on 10/4/2009 against the Titans, not 10/11/2009 against the Seahawks. 3. It is highly unlikely he wore 6 wristbands. 4. If you look up the PSA/DNA number, it states:
    Item: AUTOGRAPH ITEM
    Primary Signer: JONES-DREW, MAURICE
    Authentication Date: 01/07/2010
    Result/Grade: Authentic

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions, or is this just another NFL Auctions oversight?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bi...unbr=112926313

One thing I noticed about the BCA games were that players would change gloves and wristbands out. For example, Ronnie Brown would wear the pink gloves and then next series come out in his regular gloves. Same with Ricky Williams. I do have a pink game worn wristband signed by Akin Ayodele. I do know for a fact he did not wear any pink wristbands because 1, I was at the game and have photos, and 2, I have a dvd of the game. By the way it seems, they may have a player sign and game worn item, such as the wristband and place it on the auction as a game worn wristband signed by such and such. When you plug in the PSA DNA number to my wrist bands it pops up signed and game worn wrist band. Primary person: Akin Ayodele. Which to me means that Akin was the primary person on those wristbands but worn by someone else.

One thing that puzzles me is my pink Will Allen gloves. While watching the DVD and I could not find a series that Will Allen wore those gloves. They have staining from game use and smell terrible. They also have the number 25 written on both gloves, which is his number. I e-mailed NFL Auctions about this. I asked them if they could have been from another team, but signed by him. They replied back that they could be from another player, but not a different team. I figured, oh well, they're game worn and signed by Will Allen so I am still happy with them. Your best bet would be to e-mail them about it.