Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: MLB authentication # question

I am not privy to the email sent so I am not calling anyone out neither. Right now its hearsay because I cannot verify the ebay seller or the said emails between the buyer and seller.

Pictures don't lie but the source of the photos have not been proven.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Sean,

In referring to your post above, the portion highlighted and enlarged, I want to be clear.

I never said anything of the sort. You have me confused with soemone else here.

I understand why you are upset, but please don't mistake another member's words here for mine.

And below, where you refer to two different ".com" names emailing you that you feel are the same person? I am publicly stating that you are incorrect in assuming they are both me. I don't play silly games like that.

I hope you can get your point across without any further anger slung in my direction. You chose to come on this thread and defend yourself when you hadn't even been identified as the seller. You have nothing to prove to me. It's the other two or three members here who are calling you out.

I have no hand in this argument, nor do I want one. I also have no opinion on any prior "correspondence" you've had with any other members here regarding this ball, as I was not privied to it, and don't care to be.

Good luck,

Steve
    Sean

Its Sean that is calling you out. The person who started the thread. It would be stupid if Sean and Steve were the same guy since IP Addresses can be tracked by the moderator.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    Steve, You Jumped the Gun here Buddy, BIG TIME. Not only did you state that I have "2 Copies" but that I`m inscribing them. Pretty Sick Dude!!!

I have a Game used Baseball, signed by Palmeiro, that`s it. FOR YOU, or ANYONE else to suggest more than this is astonishing.

This Item was NEVER offered for Sale, I confirmed this with the email I sent you Steve!!! No money is mentioned, or suggested. Let me remind you, I said "I`m not sure what I have" I WAS & HAVE BEEN TOTALLY HONEST & UPFRONT ABOUT THIS BASEBALL.

Dont get too carried away with me believing this MAY have been a Homer ball, I`m not confused here dude. I know what I said.

Steve, this is TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL & AN ATTCK ON ME. Let me remind you, you`ve recently been re-instated on this Board. Not only have you disrespected Me, you`ve sent me Nasty e-mails calling Chris some RUDE, PROFANE names. I HAVE THOSE E-MAILS.

You`ve proven yourself to be extremley disrespectful, OVERLY AND UNFAIRLY CRITICAL of others. This is FAR more than simply offering an Opinion.

Sean
    Ummm, "dude". MY name is not Steve. Get you fact straight. You're too busy lying that you have people mixed up with one another.

You offered this fake hr ball tome for sale. You lied and said you didn't. And that's the least of your offenses.

Steve, I own you an Apology. Looks like I`ve gotten at least one name/member wrong. I`ve pretty much gotten hammered by no less than 3 people e-mailing me, no excuses on my part.

Here`s what should be made clear...I have ONE Game used Baseball, signed by Raffy. I asked one member if he was interested in it, that simple. I looked at the MLB database & wasnt CERTAIN it was a Homer Ball, but thought it was possible, nothing more. I made it CLEAR I wasnt sure what I had & didn`t intend to sell it.

Not only do I hear I have more than one Copy, Of Similar Ball, But I`m a "Fraud" & it`s assumed (& stated) I`m Inscribing Baseballs...I`m also told that I sent the wrong MLB database Number, not too big a deal, But I didnt.

This is a DIRECT ATTACK ON MY CHARACTER. Disagree, I`m cool, Call me a "Fraud" I`m upset, this is TOTALLY UNAPPROPRIATE & UNCALLED FOR.

I`m fairly certain the "main" guy attacking me does NOT want me to send Admin. e-mails calling our "main" man the "C" word.

One more thing, those of you that love to get really "Creative" with Cut/Copy/Paste....DON`T EDIT, COPY THE ENTIRE THING. I read most of these Arguments, 90% of the time, they`re simply designed to make someone look bad. People of Confidence/Character don`t behave this way, THEY DON`T HAVE TO.

Again, I apologize.

Sean

it is better to actually email people than speculate on the MA sticker.

Here is MLB Authentication response:

We believe you probably have an MR hologram since we have not issued an MA version. The MR hologram is from Deloitte & Touche. From May 2002 through January 2006, the firm of Deloitte & Touche was the exclusive third-party Authenticator for all items under the MLB Authentication Program. As Authenticator, Deloitte was solely responsible for all authentication and data entry of the hologram numbers placed on autographed items and game-used memorabilia. Unfortunately, MLB has no direct access to this data. You can try contacting Joe Lopez at Deloitte for more information at jlopez@deloitte.com. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    Steve, I own you an Apology. Looks like I`ve gotten at least one name/member wrong. I`ve pretty much gotten hammered by no less than 3 people e-mailing me, no excuses on my part.

Here`s what should be made clear...I have ONE Game used Baseball, signed by Raffy. I asked one member if he was interested in it, that simple. I looked at the MLB database & wasnt CERTAIN it was a Homer Ball, but thought it was possible, nothing more. I made it CLEAR I wasnt sure what I had & didn`t intend to sell it.

Not only do I hear I have more than one Copy, Of Similar Ball, But I`m a "Fraud" & it`s assumed (& stated) I`m Inscribing Baseballs...I`m also told that I sent the wrong MLB database Number, not too big a deal, But I didnt.

This is a DIRECT ATTACK ON MY CHARACTER. Disagree, I`m cool, Call me a "Fraud" I`m upset, this is TOTALLY UNAPPROPRIATE & UNCALLED FOR.

I`m fairly certain the "main" guy attacking me does NOT want me to send Admin. e-mails calling our "main" man the "C" word.

One more thing, those of you that love to get really "Creative" with Cut/Copy/Paste....DON`T EDIT, COPY THE ENTIRE THING. I read most of these Arguments, 90% of the time, they`re simply designed to make someone look bad. People of Confidence/Character don`t behave this way, THEY DON`T HAVE TO.

Again, I apologize.

Sean

Sean,

Apology accepted, thank you.

With my recent troubles on the GUU, I didn't need more issues to explain to Chris Cavalier who is ready to pull the plug on me again. So I appreciate you clarifying things here.

All I can state publicly here is that you never offered the ball to me for sale. So I hope that helps.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    it is better to actually email people than speculate on the MA sticker.

Here is MLB Authentication response:

We believe you probably have an MR hologram since we have not issued an MA version. The MR hologram is from Deloitte & Touche. From May 2002 through January 2006, the firm of Deloitte & Touche was the exclusive third-party Authenticator for all items under the MLB Authentication Program. As Authenticator, Deloitte was solely responsible for all authentication and data entry of the hologram numbers placed on autographed items and game-used memorabilia. Unfortunately, MLB has no direct access to this data. You can try contacting Joe Lopez at Deloitte for more information at jlopez@deloitte.com. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Great, so a bunch of bean counters are directly responsible for this gig? Like that's supposed to add credibility to the event??

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that "The BIG EIGHT" has been reduced to the "BIG FOUR".....because of all the fraud perpetrated by these accounting firms during the Wall Street debacle early this past decade.

I guess soon KPMG will be A-Rod's rep, and overseeing all of his signings?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Great, so a bunch of bean counters are directly responsible for this gig? Like that's supposed to add credibility to the event??

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that "The BIG EIGHT" has been reduced to the "BIG FOUR".....because of all the fraud perpetrated by these accounting firms during the Wall Street debacle early this past decade.

I guess soon KPMG will be A-Rod's rep, and overseeing all of his signings?
    if KPMG is good enough to oversee the votes for miss universe, that good enough for me
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com