Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: MLB authentication # question

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    Important to consider ALL possibilities. With that said, some if not most venues Rinse their Seating at some point. The Bullpen is NOT the only place where a Baseball may Encounter Water/Dirt. I`ve seen plenty of Water & Dirt Residue in several So-cal Ballparks, Seating rows nearest the Fence, specially Anaheim & San Diego Stadium. Game Film MAY provide insight, we may never know.

Sean

I would say the chance of a ball looking like that from being in the stands is quite a bit of a stretch and so unlikely that I would say not possible. This ball did not scrape up against a small amount of dirt. It's not the dirt that concerns me...that looks like game useage.. The explanation of the sticker is what is disturbing I am very confused...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Do you have a link so we can look at the ball you were describing in this thread?

I see you collect Palmeiro and after I was searching around I found this ball on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAFAEL-PALMEIRO-...item3358f2c890

Thanks Allstar. That ball is just a random ball used in his 500 hr game. No actual proven connection to Palmeiro. But thank you still.

Banned

Sean/10thman,

I'm not looking to discredit you or to cause a problem. I was merely asking advice on this particular ball for reasons of verification. I don't purchase anything without doing my homework.

However, several things are not adding up.

1. You say you have no intention of selling the ball. Yet you clearly offered it to me in this thread (4th post, 1st page)http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...light=palmeiro I repeatedly tried to contact you with no response. And you have it listed on Ebay to which I, not knowing it was you, contacted you, had several email conversations with you and you said you would let it go for $310. I have the emails. So, you twice offered to sell me a ball that you have no intentions of selling.

2. As far as you never telling me it was and MA prefix, well that's just a blatant lie. After seeing this Palmeiro "hr ball" on Ebay I brought it here for discussion. I contact the seller (turns out to be you) through Ebay anyway to inquire on it's authenticity. You send me, in email, this MLB Authentication # and ASI # MLB # MA250814 and Palmeiro25 # ASI3178 (copy/pasted directly from my email). In a seperate message to me through Ebay, you also gave me the same MLB Auth. # a second time. MLB # MA250814

3. I tell you in email that the Auth. # is not showing up and that MLB said they never issued an MA prefix and that's the last I heard from you until now.

This is the full pic of the MLB auth. hologram you sent me.

I'm not looking to debate. I have a very accurate, documented timeline of everything that's been said by you about this ball. You clearly are here looking to back peddle on things you've said. I will will stand firmly with what I know and let everyone else make their own conclussions.

I don't think it has to be said that I am in no way interested in purchasing this item from you any longer.

Let me throw in my 2 cents. You have to be concern with the source - ASI. Here is a homerun baseball that came from ASI:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-S...item45ef83ffa3

There is another thread talking about these HR 341 baseballs. A member here inquired about the baseball from ASI and found through questioning that there were more than 1 baseball signed with this inscription. I do not think ASI was trying to misrepresent the baseball as the actual homerun baseball otherwise they would not have shared this with the inquiring buyer.

So if thats the case, it is just poor judgement on ASI part asking ARod to sign the baseball in such a way and knowing the potential that later on someone may try to sell this as THE actual HR 341 baseball. I am not sure what the paperwork (COA) looks like for this ARod baseballs but I assume there is some COA that states what it is.

Both Palmiero and ARod had business with ASI and i am sure that they had similar offerings of items to collectors. I am not saying that ASI did anything wrong but showed poor judgement. I dont know if ASI can be responsible for what people do with it once they buy it.

If there isnt a ASI certificate corresponding to that ASI sticker stating it is an actual homerun ball, I am inclined to agree with suicide squeeze that it is a signed baseball used in a particular game where Palmeiro happen to hit a home run.

Regards
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Let me throw in my 2 cents. You have to be concern with the source - ASI. Here is a homerun baseball that came from ASI:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-S...item45ef83ffa3

There is another thread talking about these HR 341 baseballs. A member here inquired about the baseball from ASI and found through questioning that there were more than 1 baseball signed with this inscription. I do not think ASI was trying to misrepresent the baseball as the actual homerun baseball otherwise they would not have shared this with the inquiring buyer.

So if thats the case, it is just poor judgement on ASI part asking ARod to sign the baseball in such a way and knowing the potential that later on someone may try to sell this as THE actual HR 341 baseball. I am not sure what the paperwork (COA) looks like for this ARod baseballs but I assume there is some COA that states what it is.

Both Palmiero and ARod had business with ASI and i am sure that they had similar offerings of items to collectors. I am not saying that ASI did anything wrong but showed poor judgement. I dont know if ASI can be responsible for what people do with it once they buy it.

If there isnt a ASI certificate corresponding to that ASI sticker stating it is an actual homerun ball, I am inclined to agree with suicide squeeze that it is a signed baseball used in a particular game where Palmeiro happen to hit a home run.

Regards

If you look at this thread, where I was first offered this ball, http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...light=palmeiro you'll see I asked the very same question. "Is this an actual hr ball hit by Palmeiro or just a ball used in a game that Palmeiro homered in?" To which I never received an answer, and still haven't.

Sorry, not looking to rock the boat here but I speak my mind at all times. I simply refuse to ever deal with someone that avoids answering questions asked about their items that they offer for sale. The same question was asked here on the forum, through email and through Ebay. So no excuse can be made that the question wasn't received or that insufficient time was given for a response.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    If you look at this thread, where I was first offered this ball, http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...light=palmeiro you'll see I asked the very same question. "Is this an actual hr ball hit by Palmeiro or just a ball used in a game that Palmeiro homered in?" To which I never received an answer, and still haven't.

Sorry, not looking to rock the boat here but I speak my mind at all times. I simply refuse to ever deal with someone that avoids answering questions asked about their items that they offer for sale. The same question was asked here on the forum, through email and through Ebay. So no excuse can be made that the question wasn't received or that insufficient time was given for a response.
    on your correspondence with owener, what was the hr inscription on the baseball? (ie. Rafael Palmeiro Home run #434)
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Sean/10thman,

I'm not looking to discredit you or to cause a problem. I was merely asking advice on this particular ball for reasons of verification. I don't purchase anything without doing my homework.

However, several things are not adding up.

2. As far as you never telling me it was and MA prefix, well that's just a blatant lie. After seeing this Palmeiro "hr ball" on Ebay I brought it here for discussion. I contact the seller (turns out to be you) through Ebay anyway to inquire on it's authenticity. You send me, in email, this MLB Authentication # and ASI # MLB # MA250814 and Palmeiro25 # ASI3178 (copy/pasted directly from my email). In a seperate message to me through Ebay, you also gave me the same MLB Auth. # a second time. MLB # MA250814 .

opps i just located the photo of the baseball. i noticed also that the asi sticker on the email and on the photo of the baseabll are different or dont match.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

opps i just located the photo of the baseball. i noticed also that the asi sticker on the email and on the photo of the baseabll are different or dont match.
    MA250814 is really MR250614.

Hologram number MR250614 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under BALLS.
    Session Product Description: GAME USED BALL (TEX/DET)
    Game: TEXAS RANGERS V. DETROIT TIGERS - AUGUST 13,2003Session Name: DETROIT TIGERS @ TEXAS RANGERS
    Session Date: August 13, 2003
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

Those small stickers are hard to read and are really brittle. I wouldnt be surprised if the printed letter and numbers on the silvery sticker are smudged or the person needs to use a magnifying glass to get the proper read.

There are 6 baseball authenticated on that date. MR250613 thru MR250618 so Steve (suicide_squeeze) was in the correct vacinity) MR251614 seems more logical since its one letter and one number off. With 6 baseballs authenticated, I would not be surprised if there other similar baseballs with the same inscription out there based on what ASI did with the ARod baseball I mentioned earlier.

Regards

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post

The correct MLB database number is MR 250617.
    amazing read Steve. I had to use the photo from the owner to get my answer. you figured it out prior to the owner posting that photo. nice work.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

on your correspondence with owener, what was the hr inscription on the baseball? (ie. Rafael Palmeiro Home run #434)
    Same as pics here show. 8/13/03, hr #29.