Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

MLB authentication # question

I am looking into buying an item that is MLB authenticated. Problem is, it's not showing up when I look up the number.

Also, the prefix is MA. I don't even see an option for MA. Could anyone offer opinions on this?

The item is a game used, signed and inscribed, hr baseball. Thanks.

Banned

Re: MLB authentication # question

I wouldn't worry too much about that. MLB and NFL Auctions both screw up their holo verification databases from time to time. I have a Sammy Sosa autographed jersey that doesn't register in the database either, and it has a Mounted Memories Hologram on it as well. I have bought items on Ebay from NFL Auctions that when I go to look them up have an entirely different item listed/pictured. As long as there's a legit MLB Hologram on it, I wouldn't sweat it.`

Banned

Any thoughts on it's being prefixed "MA" and no MA being listed on their site as a prefix?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Any thoughts on it's being prefixed "MA" and no MA being listed on their site as a prefix?

I wouldn't worry too much. Are you buying this off of Ebay ? As long as it's a legitimate MLB hologram, You should be good. These guys(Especially NFL Auctions) don't put a whole lot of care into their data entry at times. My Sosa Jersey has the same issue. I couldn't find the prefix either.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I am looking into buying an item that is MLB authenticated. Problem is, it's not showing up when I look up the number.

Also, the prefix is MA. I don't even see an option for MA. Could anyone offer opinions on this?

The item is a game used, signed and inscribed, hr baseball. Thanks.

I can only tell you that I have not ever seen an MA prefix on any items that I have ever owned or seen. I am sure that things are not registered correctly on occasion but the pre-fix is a bit strange to me. Hopefully someone else has at least seen one before and can verify it's a legit prefix.

Banned

Put a picture of the hologram in the thread. They might have peeled one off of a hat or something. Or at least describe what it looks like.

I have seen the mlb hologram prefix MA before but it was not good. My item was for a game used bat and i found out they stopped using the MA hologram before this bat was used, so they determinded someone put the hologram on the bat from another item or the role of holograsm got stolen. I dont remember 100% what they said, but if i was you i would call them and ask.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I have seen the mlb hologram prefix MA before but it was not good. My item was for a game used bat and i found out they stopped using the MA hologram before this bat was used, so they determinded someone put the hologram on the bat from another item or the role of holograsm got stolen. I dont remember 100% what they said, but if i was you i would call them and ask.

Really ? A stolen roll of Holograms? That is really disturbing. Who told you that ?

The person i sold the item contacted mlb and thats what they said it could be from, because we were both trying to figure out the MA prefix. But don't quote me 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    Really ? A stolen roll of Holograms? That is really disturbing. Who told you that ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    The person i sold the item contacted mlb and thats what they said it could be from, because we were both trying to figure out the MA prefix. But don't quote me 100%.
    Yeah, I just find it hard to believe a roll of holograms is floating around out there from MLB. I hope it's not true. If it is that is very very disturbing to Autograph Collectors like me.