Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Alex Rodriguez Official Thread

Got this item from thread title on the PSA Registry Message Board. I have read some nice threads here at GUU too that focus on a group of collectors and thought maybe it was time for a similar thread on ARod Collectors. It would be nice to know who out there collects ARod and what your specialty area(s) are in your collection and share information in on centralized area. I know ARod Collectors have lost a few collectors due to the steroid disclosure and have added a few new ones due to his performance in the World Series.

So, if you are a ARod collector, please introduce yourself.

I have been collecting his stuff since 1994 when I heard about him in Baseball America. Back then, my brother in law was doing card shows and I would tag along to help out with his table. Back in the days, I pretty much had every baseball card of his in 1994 and 1995 and it was hard keeping pace with all the cards that the card companies produced. This is when parallel cards and inserts were really popular. The amount of cards kind of got ridiculous and my focus changed to everything but baseball cards. There was a SCD dealer in Wisconsin who was paying well for his cards so I sold every card I had that was listed in Beckett for over $10.

As my interests changed to other things, like women and a career, my collection took a back burner until 2001. That year my dad past away and for some reason I finally identified with Rodriguez about losing his father. I took this children’s book Hit A Grand Slam that he co-wrote and tried to locate items and objects that could be associated to events in the book from childhood to the 1997 season. I have stuff like his high school yearbook, graduation program, Seattle Intelligence newspaper Supplements from the Refuse to Lose Season, early autographed baseballs (thank to a large part from Tony Baldwin aka 3arod13 from this forum), just to name a few. I plan on having another display case with baseball equipment.

Around June of 2009, I pretty much made my mind up that it was time to make a display. So I hope to share this with you this year. Also I started a PSA Registry ARod collection last year. We are currently ranked #3.

There is so many collectibles out there of ARod that there is plenty to go around. I hope I can assist you all in making your ARod collection the best it can possibly can be. I have done lots of research that ended without a purchase so I am familiar of what is out there. If you leave a ARod related question in this thread and you are truly a ARod collector I will do my best to answer it. I think education before buying an item is the only way to go.

happy new year

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: Alex Rodriguez Official Thread

Arods stuff is very expensive, so there is no way I could classify myself as an Arod collector. However, I get what I can...

2006 WBC game used auto bat
    16X20 2006 WBC auto photo
    2008 auto all star ball
    Various rookie cards
    various magazines with Arod on cover.
    Always buying David Justice items

Quote Originally Posted by murfsteve25 View Post
    Arods stuff is very expensive, so there is no way I could classify myself as an Arod collector. However, I get what I can...

2006 WBC game used auto bat
    16X20 2006 WBC auto photo
    2008 auto all star ball
    Various rookie cards
    various magazines with Arod on cover.
    Steve,

I know your main player is David Justice. I remember when you got the WBC bat awhile back from Joe W., who sadly sold his entire ARod collection. Anyone with that beauty is a ARod Collector.

We are in the same boat on ARod. I cannot afford the high end stuff any longer but consider myself to be a ARod collector. I do not have an item yet related to ARod for the World Series even though I would like one. Right now probably what I could afford that I like for that event is World Series tickets but they are easy to obtain. The game used helmet is going for $24K and a game used fielding glove is $26K. Both from the World Series. I would have to cash in my entire collection to get either item. I noticed that a WS arm pad sold for $750. Ouch.

Glad you are on the thread.

Regards,

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

ive got about 30 bats, all of which are either hr or other significant bats. such as game winning wbc hit bat, or a derek jeter model bat alex used, rookie year bats, etc. about as many bgs as bats, matching the bats significance. ive got his 94 rookie jersey, 04 05 jerseys, g winnin wbc jersey, 06 all star jersey, 07 as jersey. 04 helmet and glove (for those who know arod, 04 he used his "z" glove, alex spelled alez) 05 helmet and glove-yea, the helmet worn on 400 hr and his crazy angels game-awesome piece, 07 helmet and glove.....all the gloves were his primary used, everything photomatches. a dozen hats from hr games, significant games, wbc. and then ive got the randoms, such as belts, stirrups, sunglasses, equiptment bags, etc. and then ive also got several cleats, mostly from 05, but my favorite are his 04 white as spikes. wuld love to heat what else is out there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by d2ray13 View Post
    ive got about 30 bats, all of which are either hr or other significant bats. such as game winning wbc hit bat, or a derek jeter model bat alex used, rookie year bats, etc. about as many bgs as bats, matching the bats significance. ive got his 94 rookie jersey, 04 05 jerseys, g winnin wbc jersey, 06 all star jersey, 07 as jersey. 04 helmet and glove (for those who know arod, 04 he used his "z" glove, alex spelled alez) 05 helmet and glove-yea, the helmet worn on 400 hr and his crazy angels game-awesome piece, 07 helmet and glove.....all the gloves were his primary used, everything photomatches. a dozen hats from hr games, significant games, wbc. and then ive got the randoms, such as belts, stirrups, sunglasses, equiptment bags, etc. and then ive also got several cleats, mostly from 05, but my favorite are his 04 white as spikes. wuld love to heat what else is out there
    Now that's a nice collection. I bet you can contribute some knowledge to this thread.

Welcome to the thread.

btw, what is your name? I believed I have emailed you before but never got your name. You still in high school?

Regards,

Joel
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Steve,

I know your main player is David Justice. I remember when you got the WBC bat awhile back from Joe W., who sadly sold his entire ARod collection. Anyone with that beauty is a ARod Collector.

We are in the same boat on ARod. I cannot afford the high end stuff any longer but consider myself to be a ARod collector. I do not have an item yet related to ARod for the World Series even though I would like one. Right now probably what I could afford that I like for that event is World Series tickets but they are easy to obtain. The game used helmet is going for $24K and a game used fielding glove is $26K. Both from the World Series. I would have to cash in my entire collection to get either item. I noticed that a WS arm pad sold for $750. Ouch.

Glad you are on the thread.

Regards,

Joel
    Joel,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, my main guy is justice. However, I guess i need someone who still plays to follow. I've got 4 Justice jerseys, a hat, batting helmet, and numerous bats. Could you imagine the price i would have to drop if all those items were Arod? Theres no way...

An Arod WS items would be SWEEEEET to have. Maybe if i can get a 2nd and 3rd job...get rid of the wife and kids...lose the cell phone...cancel the cable...sell the car...move in my parents garage...and sell my entire current collection....i MIGHT be able to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by d2ray13 View Post
    youll deff have to post pics of this...

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Hi Joel...sorry to hijack the thread, but I picked up a Calgary Cannons jersey that looks to be from Alex's era (looks like the jersey style pictured below, but without the arm patches) and wondered in you had any programs from 1994 that indicated who may have worn #4? Also, if you knew when this style of jersey was worn (1994-1997 only?) Thanks!
    Bret Boone played in 1993 and didnt have pinstripe home jersey, so first year was in 1994.

In 1994, Cannons had three jerseys (home white w/ blue pinstripe, road grey jersey, and blue BP jersey). 1994 had the 125th anniversary of professional baseball patch on the right sleeve. The jersey stayed the same until 1998. New Cannons logo was in effect from 1998-2002.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Banned

Funny I don't consider myself an AROD collector and in all honesty I am a bit Anti-AROD but im no dummy either and have picked up a quite of few of his game used items.

My list of Game Used ARod items.

1) Yankees bat autographed & Inscribed
    2) Yankees BP bat autographed & Inscribed
    3) Mariners bat autographed
    4) Rangers wristband
    5) Yankees wristband
    6) 2003 All Star Game Issued BP Jersey Autographed
    7) Yankees Game Used Baseball Autographed by ARod
    8) Yankees Batting gloves
    9) Yankees 16 x 20 Autographed