Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Barry Bonds not using Sam Bats?

I just ran across this photo of Bonds swinging a Louisville Slugger M-9 during a game vs the Mariners on 6-18-06, that's the first time I've seen Bonds use a bat during a game that's not a Sam Bat in quite some time. Maybe another players bat?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Barry Bonds not using Sam Bats?

And ironically enough, last week I noticed that Arod was using Sam bats for a few of his at bats. Both black and natural.

I've heard that Sam Bats recently raised their bat prices significantly. Albert Pujols, who had used Sam almost exclusively in 2006, was using X-Bats before his injury. Maybe he and Bonds (and/or the Giants and Cardinals) are trying to send a message. If this is the case, it's a bad move by Sam Bats. Sure, they need to be profitable. But if their poster boys (Bonds and Pujols) abandon them, that could spell big trouble.

Jeff
    http://www.birdbats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats
    I've heard that Sam Bats recently raised their bat prices significantly. Albert Pujols, who had used Sam almost exclusively in 2006, was using X-Bats before his injury. Maybe he and Bonds (and/or the Giants and Cardinals) are trying to send a message. If this is the case, it's a bad move by Sam Bats. Sure, they need to be profitable. But if their poster boys (Bonds and Pujols) abandon them, that could spell big trouble.

Jeff
    http://www.birdbats.com
    Yeah it could... I know they need to make money, but they should try to keep some big names using their bats...

Bizarre. Alfonso Soriano who always seems to use blonde SAM bats was using MAX bats in games. Hard to tell how long he has been using them but he had a light coated pine tar bat in Boston and you could see the MAX logo.

Usually he puts so much pine tar on the label you can't tell so not sure what he has been using this week.

And to add to the bat switching theme Manny Ramirez has used Sam bats in the past but has been a Louisville M9 guy for the better part of 2 years now but in the past 3 weeks has used exclusively Sam(and has been on a tear!!)
    jon

Banned

Here is a note a little off topic but to further explain sometimes how items are used and I was watching a baseball game a few weeks back and the Orioles were playing a team i dodnt remember but I do remember the announcers saying that one of the players on the opposite team didnt have his ordered cleats for the game. So I beleive it was Nike had sent him a pair of Tejadas cleats to replce the ones he didnt get.
    I just wonder when these will end up on the MarKet as Tejada game used?

Funny you bring up Tejada because some of the Ramirez Sam bats he has used in the past were actually given to him by Tejada.Wonder if any of those turned up??
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon_8_us
    Funny you bring up Tejada because some of the Ramirez Sam bats he has used in the past were actually given to him by Tejada.Wonder if any of those turned up??
    jon
    Jon,

Here's a few pics of a Tejada Sam bat used by Manny Ramirez late last year.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Not to switch the topic but this thread brought up a question I have always wondered; who pays for the bats, the team or the player?