Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: brewers fansfest

if anyone goes, please look for a Mike Cameron helmet for me!

Thx,
    Tommy

Are All Of The Auto Coupons For Sale In One Line? Or Is There A Line For Every Player?

Also, Is It Alright If You Bring A Backpack In?? I Have A Lot Of Stuff I'd Like Signed.

if anyone can help me with a Fielder auto please let me know, ive been trying to get one for awhile now.

Banned

Each player has a seperate line. They hand out tickets to each person in line and when you get up to the player they collect the money. There is a limit of 250 autogrpahs per player.

You can bring backpacks with you. They have allowed this in the past.

One question here: Is there a probability that they will be selling team-issued jerseys? I know Joe Koshansky did not come up, last year: I would be interested in a TI jersey, if it were available at the fest.

Banned

It's now listed on the Brewers website that Ryan Braun will only be signing the team give away picture and he will personalize each one. No other items will be signed...

Wow, that's bs that Braun will only sign the photos. Does the team store accept debit cards there or just cash?

Prince is now only signing cards thats sucks

Just an update to the requests / inquiries above. I think the event was all around a disappointment from a game used perspective. The team store had items, but they continue to price items at unrealistic prices. $1200 for a Mike Cameron helmet, $1200 for a Mat Gamel bat, ridiculous. So Tommy, I think the Cameron items are probably still available if you are interested...

They did also have a charity "garage sale" setup that featured lower prices for game used items ($50 BP alternate jerseys, bats), but these were mostly from coaches and lesser known players (think spring training invitees) by the time I got there at 10:40 (see below). There were also about 20 tables set up by local card shops and game used dealers.

However, as a bit of background. Doors opened for the event at 10 AM. I arrived at 9:30. The line was so long that it took me until 10:40 to finally get in the doors. As was explained to me by a rather upset fan in an autograph line, apparently as the dealers had early access to the floor to set up their tables, they also had access to the charity sale table and were the first to be able to purchase items. So there may in fact have been some decent items available at reasonable prices that were scooped up before the other fans were able to get to them. That is unfortunate, I guess.
    email is matmuell at umich.edu