Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mac admits using steroids...

What! Big Mac did what? No way! This can't be true! Did anyone else see this coming?
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    I applaud Big Mac for coming clean. I think in time America will forgive those who tell the truth, and his voting numbers will spike upward.
    He came clean ONLY because he wanted this Hitting Coach position with the LaRussa/Cardinals...

I'd like to to see a player come clean when there isn't anything "in it for them" other than to clear their conscience....

a damn shame...thats all there is too say. I was a Mac supporter for years through all of this; giving him the benefit of the doubt. Mac, Bonds, Manny, Raffy, Arod...all busted. What a sad day for baseball. If this was the olympics they all would've been stripped of whatever glory/awards they won as well as there teams. WTF baseball?!? This one hurts.

I do maintain my argument that as a professional athelete you are paid to be bigger and stronger, so over a 10-20 year career they should become larger then life. And yes, while steriods can't give you the ability to hit a ball, it can definately help you to become a freak.

Chalk another one up to Canseco.

I wonder if this effects his status with the Cards or if he was asked to come clean by them?! What prompted this?

<sigh>

wade

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post

Chalk another one up to Canseco.

I wonder if this effects his status with the Cards or if he was asked to come clean by them?! What prompted this?

<sigh>

wade
    Wade:

Of course the Cardianls knew this (it was the worst kept secret in baseball); but I'm sure they asked him to "come clean" prior to Spring Training so that it wasn't a distraction throughout the season....LaRussa and the Cardinals had originally stated that McGwire was going to address the media prior to Christmas, but I suppose that Mac was holding off as long as he could....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    He came clean ONLY because he wanted this Hitting Coach position with the LaRussa/Cardinals...

I'd like to to see a player come clean when there isn't anything "in it for them" other than to clear their conscience....
    I doubt that Mac was shaking in his boots about NOT getting the hitting coach position. I'm pretty sure he could have taken this to the grave with him and not allowed his little kids to find out...Mac's a pretty private person. He could have just said 'no' to the job offer. He knew what would happen if he did in fact say 'yes'.

Probably feels pretty good for him right now. Many good ballplayers are not in the hall for whatever reason...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post

I agree! As an Arod fan, he didn't do it for the right reasons. He did it because he got caught. I don't pat him on the back or praise him for doing it. He would have denied it forever if he could have. He had no choice!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I agree! As an Arod fan, he didn't do it for the right reasons. He did it because he got caught. I don't pat him on the back or praise him for doing it. He would have denied it forever if he could have. He had no choice!

Regards, Tony
    I agree with this statement as well, he admitted it because he was forced to. But why would the Cardinals want a hitting coach that admitted he was a cheater? I don't get that.
    Penny scrinjun@yahoo.com

I collect Jason Varitek and Game Used Red Sox items.

The truth will set him free
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

he did it and knew why he did it. know he wants to cry about it and say "i was wrong"? give me a break. no hof vote for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scrinjun View Post
    I agree with this statement as well, he admitted it because he was forced to. But why would the Cardinals want a hitting coach that admitted he was a cheater? I don't get that.
    Steriods or not, Big Mac was a great hitter. He proved that in his rookie season with a record 49 HR's. With time, it will pass. Big Mac will make a difference as a hitting coach. I wish him the best!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]