Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Re: Mac admits using steroids...

I didn't want to believe he was using,But I'm glad he came out and told the truth..Time well tell if he gets in the HOF.

BTW if anyone wants to unload their MAC stuff feel free to contact me and I'm sure we can work out something

Carlie

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

and someone will still be foolish enough to shell out $800.00 for one of Mac's game used caps!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oakland-As-MARK-...item5ad5ba13c0

Regarding Maris, remember that the second-place Tigers had a 101-61 record, with the Yankees pulling away only toward the end of the season after sweeping a 3-game series with the Tigers. Nobody's going to go easy on Maris in such a race! They didn't intentionally walk him, but they did try to get him out.

Here in Columbia SC, I've been privileged to meet both Bobby Richardson and Jack Fisher, who threw Maris's 60th, and gotten the auto's of both. I overheard Richardson lamenting to someone that he had had some of Mantle's bats but had disposed of them long ago, never dreaming of their future value.

Banned

Just curious...

Was Big Mac truly sorry that he took steroids? Or is he just sorry that he's been backed into such a corner that he's been forced to admit it?

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Just curious...

Was Big Mac truly sorry that he took steroids? Or is he just sorry that he's been backed into such a corner that he's been forced to admit it?

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    That's a question only Mark can answer. I think he truly is sorry for letting people down though. He feels good to get it off his chest and now he is hoping to get back and be apart of the game. This guy has tons of knowledge when it comes to hitting and can't wait to get around the hitters and also take some BP himself.