Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Mac admits using steroids...

It will now be interesting to see if that raises or lowers his 2010 23.7% HOF vote percentage.

sCs
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

I applaud Big Mac for coming clean. I think in time America will forgive those who tell the truth, and his voting numbers will spike upward.

As a STL fan and a baseball fan I was happy for him to come clean....anyone who did not think he used is very naive...he was already assumed guilty as he practically admitted guilt by not denying in front of congres....This was the best thing he could have done for himself and hopefully it can turn positive for him.

He gave us a lot of memories and we have to as fans understand that steroids were part of the game..we must mark it down in history as the steroid era which baseball itself turned a blind eye to and move forward...put everyone in the Hall that deserves based on their impact on the game and their stats/accomplishments with the understanding that everyone who played during the era could be subject to questions regarding PED's....we have no way of knowing who did and did not use before the testing.

Baseball's history are full of cheaters and given the chance those who played in a different era very likely would have taken any and everything to help them play longer....

Quote Originally Posted by byergo View Post
    I applaud Big Mac for coming clean. I think in time America will forgive those who tell the truth, and his voting numbers will spike upward.
    He came clean ONLY because he wanted this Hitting Coach position with the LaRussa/Cardinals...

I'd like to to see a player come clean when there isn't anything "in it for them" other than to clear their conscience....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    He came clean ONLY because he wanted this Hitting Coach position with the LaRussa/Cardinals...

I'd like to to see a player come clean when there isn't anything "in it for them" other than to clear their conscience....
    I doubt that Mac was shaking in his boots about NOT getting the hitting coach position. I'm pretty sure he could have taken this to the grave with him and not allowed his little kids to find out...Mac's a pretty private person. He could have just said 'no' to the job offer. He knew what would happen if he did in fact say 'yes'.

Probably feels pretty good for him right now. Many good ballplayers are not in the hall for whatever reason...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post

I agree! As an Arod fan, he didn't do it for the right reasons. He did it because he got caught. I don't pat him on the back or praise him for doing it. He would have denied it forever if he could have. He had no choice!

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    I agree! As an Arod fan, he didn't do it for the right reasons. He did it because he got caught. I don't pat him on the back or praise him for doing it. He would have denied it forever if he could have. He had no choice!

Regards, Tony
    I agree with this statement as well, he admitted it because he was forced to. But why would the Cardinals want a hitting coach that admitted he was a cheater? I don't get that.
    Penny scrinjun@yahoo.com

I collect Jason Varitek and Game Used Red Sox items.

he did it and knew why he did it. know he wants to cry about it and say "i was wrong"? give me a break. no hof vote for you.

Its kind of interesting he admitted this right after the halll of fame vote. In addition he came fully clean, saying he used throughout his career. Not like someathlete's who said I used for a short period or only once. I think this will hurt his HOF chances, because he said he used throughout his career.