Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Giambi GU Pickup!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    XPRESS34-That is a great uniform.Man between you and 2000mvpfan i am really jealous of these great giambi items you guys have.That was very nice of him(2000mvpfan) to let you have this-just kidding.I really thought he was going to buy it when i first heard it was on ebay.But anyway,i just wanted to say congratulations on the great pick up here.
    Forgot to add... when it didn't sell on the 'Bay, I contacted the seller... I've bought stuff from him before over the years... he's out in Grand Junction (about 4 hours West of me) across the Rockies - the Mountains that is!!!

xpress34-I thought you bought it on greedbay.So it did'nt sell on there? Well hope you got a good price on it as i know he wanted $500 for it on there.The helmet 2000mvpfan is great but i also like your uniform.But then i like all of 2000mvpfan's collection.As i like anything of giambi's.That card looks to be the same picture and as you said probelry the batting helmet he has.As i am assumming he only used one helmet last season.Very happy to hear the rockies resigned him.I was thinking he might sign with the tiwns.As they were looking for a home run hitter.But went with thome instead.Which is good in a way as i would have had to buy season tickets if he was a twin.

Hi Chris-
    Unfortunately,I'm gonna have to pass on getting rid of the helmet.I've been incredibly lucky,in going after Giambi's stuff,to be able to acquire 3 of his helmets (home/road A's,and this Rockies one).It's hard enough to find a helmet of a player you collect,but to find 3...like I said,I've been lucky.Add to that that it can absolutely nailed down to being used in September-not only that hit against NY,but photomatched to his 2 HR's as a Rockie and possibly into the playoffs,it's kind of one of the gems of my Giambi collection.Thanks for the interest,and hope you can understand.

take care,
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    Hi Chris-
    Unfortunately,I'm gonna have to pass on getting rid of the helmet.I've been incredibly lucky,in going after Giambi's stuff,to be able to acquire 3 of his helmets (home/road A's,and this Rockies one).It's hard enough to find a helmet of a player you collect,but to find 3...like I said,I've been lucky.Add to that that it can absolutely nailed down to being used in September-not only that hit against NY,but photomatched to his 2 HR's as a Rockie and possibly into the playoffs,it's kind of one of the gems of my Giambi collection.Thanks for the interest,and hope you can understand.

take care,
    Joe
    Joe -

Understood. But I'll make you a deal right now - IF you EVER think about moving it, I would like to claim 'Right of First Refusal' and I'll do the same for you on the uniform. It would be cool to have them reunited some day!

All the best -

Chris

Chris-
    Sounds good to me.Here's to finding some more of his Rox gear this year!

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Best of luck to you... and me!!!

I'm really stoked about owning a uni that is Photomatched to a CARD!!!

Great thin g about pinstripe unis... easy to match to specific pics...

When I see G-Man at ST to get the jersey and pants signed, I'm going to ask about the possibility of a bat and some gloves to display with them...

All the best -

Chris

You shouldn't have any problems getting that uni signed-Giambi is a great signer.
    And if it's at all possible,if you see any of his gear (hats,jerseys,locker plates-whatever) out there once the season starts,and it's something you have no interest in,could you let me know?I'm at a slight disadvantage being about 2200 miles away LOL!!

Take care,
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations Chris. Saw it on the bay, the minute it was live. Glad you were able to pick it up. Here's to great Rockies season, in '10!

Helton17's a great seller. Like you; I too have purchased quite a bit of Rox memorabilia from him in the past. I accredit a fine portion of my Rockies prospect jerseys to him. Glad you were able to get a deal off 'Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Best of luck to you... and me!!!

I'm really stoked about owning a uni that is Photomatched to a CARD!!!

Great thin g about pinstripe unis... easy to match to specific pics...

When I see G-Man at ST to get the jersey and pants signed, I'm going to ask about the possibility of a bat and some gloves to display with them...

All the best -

Chris

Jason is pretty cool about GU equipment so I wouldn't forsee a problem getting a bat or gloves out of him during ST.