Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: GU & Autographed Bats For Sale: Luis Gonzales, Alan Trammell, Rafael Palmeiro

To all fellow board members,

I have traded, purchased and sold many items over the years via these forums without a problem, until dealing with Julie or J. Csengeto. I'm sorry that it is necessary to post this message, but board member NYCrulesU has made several untrue statements and forgot to mention all the facts in this matter.

I have heard about people like J. Csengeto, who send 20+ emails asking every question imaginable before a purchase and that's okay as I answered each one honestly and politely. However, this type of person agrees to the selling terms and soon after the deal is made, start asking for changes... the changes become demands, then threats, then more demands and so on. Each of the additional 20-30 email messages become more incoherent and outrageous.

The bat in question will be shipped out tomorrow (1/30/10) as agreed and I will concern this matter closed. I always keep my word and expect other to do the same.

If anyone would like to discuss this matter in more detail, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns... I am a very patient and courteous person to deal with.

What I will not do, is attempt to have a dialogue with a person like J. Csengeto via Internet Forum Boards, as it is impossible to have a mature discussion with someone so unreasonable.

Below are the facts in this matter, no ridiculous or untrue statements added.

1/11/10 I listed the Rafael Palmeiro bat for $200 delivered.

1/11/10 I agree to sell the bat for $150 plus $20 shipping to J. Csengeto and he/she offers to mail a MO... at no time was Paypal discussed. I did mention that I would only ship the bat out the same day payment is received if it was via USPS MO (my request was denied). I was told that a Walmart MO would be sent and that it could be cashed at any Walmart store.

1/15/10 I received the MO and Walmart refused to cash it, stating it is "unreadable." The Manager suggested I contact the sender and have them cancel the money order, get a refund and then send the money via wire payment... once again, J. Csengeto refused and told me to deposit the MO in my Bank and that there was no hurry or rush on sending the bat out at all.

1/25/10 until today I start receiving messages that are both demanding and threatening, some from "J's Wife" Julie ...same email account, same pattern of messages.

What have I learned from this fiasco? …do not buy from or sell to people like J. Csengeto and I would highly recommend that all would be better off doing the same.

Mike Ortega
    sfmays24@hotmail.com

Banned

Re: GU & Autographed Bats For Sale: Luis Gonzales, Alan Trammell, Rafael Palmeiro

Sorry Mike, you are incorrect. None of my emails were demanding or threatening at all. Nice attempt to spin things in your favor. I have been nothing but patient. As I told you in email several times, I have waited long enough and consider our agreement null and void. I would like a full refund. If you stubbornly choose to now ship the bat, it will be returned to you unopened. And we can continue to do this until you provide me with a full refund. I will continue to document everything as I have done so far.

Banned

It's become abundantly clear why Mr. Ortega refuses to accept PayPal. Buyers like myself have no recourse when he decides to pull stunts like this. No problems other than me, really? I've been on the phone with another buyer all week, whos name I will not mention, thats had the same issues with you. So please do not try to make it seem as if I am the problem Mike. Maybe we wouldn't be here if you handled things a bit more professionally and in a timely fashion. Not whenever you feel like it.

I will give you until Feb. 12th to send me a refund, in full, for $170. Past that I will place another call to the American Canyon Police Department and file charges for internet theft. I will then call your Post Master General and pursue that avenue. Should those fail I will then have no other choice but to contact my attorney and file a small claims suit. I haven't been to California in some time, I suppose I could use a vacation if I have to be there for court anyway.

It's simple Mike. You've had my money for for over 2 weeks while making no effort to ship the bat. You've had my money, cleared in your bank account, for over 11 days stillmaking no effort to ship the bat. And now suddenly, after I request a refund and make a post here, you decide you're going to ship the bat? Well, I do not accept those loosey goosey terms and I am requesting a refund. Return my money and keep your bat Mike. Then we can both wash our hands of each other.

Just a final update on Palmeiro sale... bat was received and signed for by Julie (J) Csengeto, Fed-EX Tracking Number 468830210087450

http://fedex.com/Tracking

Let's hope no one else will ever have to deal with her again.

Mike