Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GU & Autographed Bats For Sale: Luis Gonzales, Alan Trammell, Rafael Palmeiro

I have the following GU Bats for sale, prices include delivery.

1) 1991 or 1992 Luis Gonzales Houston Astros GU Bat (uncracked), obtained in 1992 from the late Great Dick Dobbins... $100

2) 1991 Alan Trammell Detroit Tigers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack), obtained from Trammell in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/11/91... $150

3) 1991 Rafael Palmeiro Texas Rangers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack, with tons of use), obtained from Palmeiro in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/25/91... $200

thank you,

Mike
    sfmays24@hotmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Re: GU & Autographed Bats For Sale: Luis Gonzales, Alan Trammell, Rafael Palmeiro

e-mail sent about the Trammell. Very interested!

Banned

Re: GU & Autographed Bats For Sale: Luis Gonzales, Alan Trammell, Rafael Palmeiro

I'll take the Palmeiro. Email sent.

It was nice corresponding with you Mike. I'm excited to add the Trammell bat to my collection! Thanks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    It was nice corresponding with you Mike. I'm excited to add the Trammell bat to my collection! Thanks!

Same here. Mike is great to talk to, very kind. I'm glad to have had the chance to deal with you Mike and hope to do so again in the future. Can't wait to add the Palmeiro game bat.

Just and update:

Thanks for the purchases Mark & J!

1) 1991 or 1992 Luis Gonzales Houston Astros GU Bat (uncracked), obtained in 1992 from the late Great Dick Dobbins... $100 (Still available and I pay the shipping cost).

2) 1991 Alan Trammell Detroit Tigers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack), obtained from Trammell in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/11/91... SOLD

3) 1991 Rafael Palmeiro Texas Rangers Autographed GU Bat (slight crack, with tons of use), obtained from Palmeiro in a game vs the Oakland A's on 6/25/91... SOLD

thank you,

Mike
    sfmays24@hotmail.com

Price lowered to $90 delivered on the Gonzo bat.

1) 1991 or 1992 Luis Gonzales Houston Astros GU Bat (uncracked), obtained in 1992 from the late Great Dick Dobbins... $100 (Still available and I pay the shipping cost).

Banned

The most aggrevating and impossible person to deal with. I agreed to purchase the Palmeiro bat from Mike Ortega. Here are the sequence of events that led to this post.

- 1/10/10 Mike and I come to terms on the price of the bat.

- 1/11/10 I mail out a Walmart money order, he refuses to accept PayPal, for $170.00

- 1/15/10 I receive an email stating that the MO arrived.

Here's where I first see signs of a problem brewing. He claims he has no idea what a Walmart money order is and that he wanted a USPS MO. He says that he was ripped off in the past and it will never happen again. He demands I cancel the money order and send him money through a wiregram.

I then tell Mr. Ortega that money orders are purchased, they are already bought and paid for. I go as far as to tell him to take his time (BIG mistake as you will see) and to deposit the MO into his bank account and when it clears to please let me know that the bat has shipped out.

- 1/16/10 the money order is deposited. I tracked the MO to his branch and confirmed this with the banks manager.

- 1/18/10 MO clears into Mr. Ortega's account. I send him an email letting him know that the money is there and ask him to please call (mind you, I asked him to place a simple phone call) his bank to confirm this. I am now tired of the veiled acussations of being a crook, there were more than one, and want him to see that his money is in fact there.

4 days goes by with no contact.

- 1/22/10 I get a snotty email stating that he has no idea if the money is there or not. He then proceeds to tell me that he will check on it when he gets around to it, maybe this week or maybe next week.

Really?

I wait 6 days.

1/28/10 I email Mr. Ortega to inquire about a tracking number for my purchase. I stated, quite clearly, should I not hear back from him within 24 hrs that I would like a full refund and I would consider our deal null and void.

1/29/10 I receive this nasty email from Mike Ortega. His words are in italics.

Sent:Fri 1/29/10 4:39 PM
    To: rafaelpalmeiro25@hotmail.com

Here's a one time only offer:

Reply within the next 24 hours specifically requesting that I ship your bat out tomorrow, or I will consider this matter closed and the bat a gift. Under no circumstance, will a refund be issued.

Really? I am being given a one time offer to either accept the bat, now 2 weeks after payment was received and it still has not been shipped, or else he is going to keep my money and his bat? And consider it a gift? This has got to be a Twilight Zone episode. I have never had a deal go this sour due to the other party's lack of concern, poor bahavior and clear lack of common decency.

Mike, I cannot say this any more clearly. I no longer wish to deal with you. Not now, not ever. I no longer want your Palmeiro bat. I would like a full refund of $170. I will wait 14 days to receive my refund. After that time I will take further legal action. Will this route ultimately cost me far more than the $170? Absolutely. However, at this juncture, you need to realize that you cannot conduct yourself like this and cannot treat people like this. I will not stand for it. This is now a matter of principle.

I sent payment within 16 hours to agreeing to a deal, I made sure it arrived in a timely fashion, I went above and beyond to make the seller happy. I was courteous in all of my emails. I do not deserve this aggrevation. I've requested a full refund from him for the third time now, each time he replies with some smug remark about me letting him know when I would like to him to ship my bat out. It's too late for that now.

WOW!!!

If this is all true (and no reason not to believe it right now) it just astounds me. And I was thinking about the Gonzo bat! Thanks for letting us know what's going on here NYC.

I don't know SF, but this definately doesn't sound like acceptable behavior on a board like this.

I will keep watching here to see how this plays out.

I would also suggest you get the mods involved.

- Chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    WOW!!!

If this is all true (and no reason not to believe it right now) it just astounds me. And I was thinking about the Gonzo bat! Thanks for letting us know what's going on here NYC.

I don't know SF, but this definately doesn't sound like acceptable behavior on a board like this.

I will keep watching here to see how this plays out.

I would also suggest you get the mods involved.

- Chris

Thanks Chris. I told Mike I would wait 14 days for my refund, I will do that before going any further. That would put us at about Feb. 12th. He clearly has no intention of sending me a refund. I hate to see things come to this. I paid, I waited and waited and waited and waited some more. I decided the waiting and the aggrevation wasn't worth it and asked for a refund. He refuses to give me a refund. I have never seen a seller act like this. It's astonishing.