Thoughts On The Final Hammer Price For This Favre Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriplexXxSports
    • Jan 2009

Re: Thoughts On The Final Hammer Price For This Favre Jersey?

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
    Hey Matt....

No bids from me, and I don't know any of the bidders....

I just gave it my best shot. Missed it by $376......not bad.

I'm a baseball collector, but Brett truly is a legend. His stuff, if authentic....well, see for yourselves, it's GOLDEN.
    Ahh, the hype will fizzle and he will come back down into the Montana, Marino, Elway range soon enough. Only problem is for those who bought the jerseys at such commanding prices. They will never see it (IF & WHEN) they decide to resell.

Good Guess on the Hammer price! You win a free emoticon -

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TriplexXxSports
      Ahh, the hype will fizzle and he will come back down into the Montana, Marino, Elway range soon enough. Only problem is for those who bought the jerseys at such commanding prices. They will never see it (IF & WHEN) they decide to resell.

Good Guess on the Hammer price! You win a free emoticon -

On a serious note, keep one thing in mind...

Brett Favre is setting new NFL records every time he sets foot on a football field. His career numbers are astronomical. I thought Peyton Manning would be the all-time "everything" leader by the time he retired, but I think Brett Favre is setting the numbers soooo far out there, it just isn't going to happen......for ANYONE, for a LONG time if ever.

His jerseys, especially ones that can be absolutely identified to a particular game, a particular moment in history with numbers reached while wearing it....I think they deserve a large premium over a Montana, a Bradshaw, a Marino, an Elway. This guy, love him or hate him, is just a winner.

And the scarey thing is....with the success he is having, one has to think he just may strap em on for yet another season.......you know the Vikings will be asking for him to come back.

Comment

• 34swtns
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
        ....I think they deserve a large premium over a Montana, a Bradshaw, a Marino, an Elway.

Uuuhhhh........no.
        Not if they were dipped in platinum and hand-delivered by Favre.

Comment

• gingi79
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by 34swtns
          Uuuhhhh........no.

Yes you hate Steve for getting Tom banned. We get it.
          Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• 34swtns
            • Apr 2006

Thanks for the observation there, Oprah.

Actually, it wouldn't matter who made that ridiculous statement.
            My reply would be the same.

A Favre is worth more than any one of the 4 greatest QB's of the modern era?
            Please.

Even you know better than that.

So, now that Tom's gone and your brother in nit-picking is gone as well, does that mean it's up to you to take up the gauntlet as neighborhood shiz-stirrer? And maybe you're thinking of making me your target?

I'd suggest you occupy your time more wisely as that endeavor usually doesn't end well.

Comment

• indyred
              • May 2006

Nice price.
              have any of his Vikings throwbacks hit the market?
              Anyone remember what his Jets ones sold for? I think a couple were sold on NFL auctions. Never seen any of his Jets Titans come up for sale. He set a record in one of those games throwing for a bunch of TD's.

Comment

• Manram
                • Nov 2008

Nice price, and beautiful jersey

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by 34swtns
                  Uuuhhhh........no.
                  I agree. Brett is a great QB but in alot of ways he reminds me of Kareem Abdul Jabbar a guy who set career records and won a bunch of MVPs and is considered an all time great by everyone but few consider him to be the best ever at his position. In this era alone can anyone really seriously argue that he is better than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Or that he is better than Montana or Unitas or Elway alltime?

Comment

• 34swtns
                    • Apr 2006

Well said, and a great observation that hadn't even occurred to me.
                    How does Favre measure up to even the greats of today, much less the greatest of the modern era?
                    Of the three present-day QB's I believe you'd have to go with Brady as the only one who you could put in the same sentence as Bradshaw, Montana, etc..

Comment

• indyred
                      • May 2006

to me the main thing on high prices on Favre jerseys are they are 100% legit, unwashed, photo matched ( at least few like this one and bloody one from Cleveland game), team and JO Sports paper work. Everyone knows people are more than willing to spend big money on real stuff, no doubt about it gamers of rookies/super star players.

Comment

Working...