Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

2011 Super Bowl Experience

Just wondering if anyone on the board is going to this event? It's going to be during the first week of Feb. I have never been to one of these and was wondering if anyone that had been to one can tell me what to expect. Of course I want to go and get autographs. Is this usually an organized event or a total mad house?

Re: 2011 Super Bowl Experience

Went to the one before SB XXXVIII, total mad house. The tickets were for a specific time and day. Felt like a million people in there and nobody was doing autographs. I seem to remember having to be out at a specific time also.

Went to XLIII in Tampa. It was nice. Weather made the crowd thin at times which was nice. The auto tent was a mad house and I stayed away. Companies like Sprint and others had displays and players for autos, photos, ect. Neat free stuff from vendors. The card show was okay. (certain companies were selling limited eds on site only) The HOF had a nice display. The NFL had a huge shop there. They had every SBXLIII item you could think of... Nice to buy stuff days before game... Hold out on programs, because game day stadium programs are different... They had a lot of things for children to do. I went for several days, rain or shine... I enjoyed it.

I'm not going this year but I went to SB's 34 and 36. The atmoshpere of a SB is absolutely electric. It's nothing like I've ever experienced. Some of it may have been due to the fact that I am a Rams fan and they played in both of those games. Nontheless it is quite a spectacle. I strongly suggest you go if you are on the fence. A piece of advice is if you want SB apparel/merchandise then wait until the day after because you can get almost everything at 50% off or more.

I went to the nfl experience for the giants/pats superbowl. I wasn't too interested in getting autographs but I remember very long lines for Brian Westbrook and other current players. The day before the superbowl Russ Francis was signing autographs in one of the NFL tents and the lines were short. I think it's worth going to the NFL experience once.

Rob