Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Lane Kiffin Friend or Foe ?

I am not a big College football guy, but living close to Gainsville, FL can't help knowing all about the Gators. And after Lane Kiffin's brief but controversial stay in the SEC, I can't help but notice him. All, I know is he left Oakland on bad terms(probably more Al Davis than him),And now he shafted Tennessee.

What does everybody think about Lane Kiffin? I personally think he's a man who lacks class,and has no loyalty. And how did he turn a 7-6 Season at Tennessee into one of the best gigs in College football? I know you get his dad Monte(a defensive whiz) and some great recruiters. But ,Come on?

Re: Lane Kiffin Friend or Foe ?

Quote Originally Posted by tjm5711 View Post
    I am not a big College football guy, but living close to Gainsville, FL can't help knowing all about the Gators. And after Lane Kiffin's brief but controversial stay in the SEC, I can't help but notice him. All, I know is he left Oakland on bad terms(probably more Al Davis than him),And now he shafted Tennessee.

What does everybody think about Lane Kiffin? I personally think he's a man who lacks class,and has no loyalty. And how did he turn a 7-6 Season at Tennessee into one of the best gigs in College football? I know you get his dad Monte(a defensive whiz) and some great recruiters. But ,Come on?
    I think Kiffin's personality rubs some people the wrong way but I don't think he's a bad guy. I believe him when he said this was the only job he would have left Tennessee for. It was a no brainer for him. It's hard to pass up the USC job especially when he worked there for 6 years under Carroll. Now I don't think Kiffin gets the job if Sarkisian was still there but I'm sure the AD wanted someone who was familiar with SC and how things run there.

I think he's a good recruiter and can evaluate talent pretty well. Remember he was against drafting JaMarcus Russell

Lame Kitten is a punk, a liar, and a cheater. USC will get exactly what they deserve.

His wife, on the other hand, is smokin' hot. Of course, she's a Gator. Layla Reaves, daughter of former UF QB John Reaves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcollector View Post
    Lame Kitten is a punk, a liar, and a cheater. USC will get exactly what they deserve.

His wife, on the other hand, is smokin' hot. Of course, she's a Gator. Layla Reaves, daughter of former UF QB John Reaves.

I agree with you my man! LOL Great word choice ! I'm a casual Gator Fan, living here. My School(UNLV) has always sucked at Football ! Thanks for that great post ! GO GATORS !!!!!!!

Banned

Most overrated coach out there. He seems to fall up the ladder it is amazing. From what I have seen he just has a huge mouth, does not get along with anyone and his teams are terriable.

USC is (finally) about to get slammed over the whole Reggie Bush/ OJ Mayo thing. I think the NCAA just got around to interviewing Bush last week. Kiffen is just the village idiot they hired to see them through the probation. Once the come out of the sanctions they'll get a real coach.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    USC is (finally) about to get slammed over the whole Reggie Bush/ OJ Mayo thing. I think the NCAA just got around to interviewing Bush last week. Kiffen is just the village idiot they hired to see them through the probation. Once the come out of the sanctions they'll get a real coach.

That's an interesting viewpoint. I was wondering what happened with that whole Bush thing ? I knew the allegations were too serious to sweep under the rug.

I don't know Kiffen from Adam... but if I look at it in terms of what would I do... I think Kiffen is a genius...

He has been an NFL head coach, a head coach in the SEC, and now head coach at one of the top 5 all-time college football schools

the guy might be a jerk, but wow... I'm impressed... I mean come on... he's only friken 34!!!!
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Bert, I would agree, but you're overlooking one major aspect of his "promotions". His daddy is Monte Kiffen.. The guy who invented the Tampa 2 defense, and widely considered one of the greatest football minds. And, guess who happens to be part of the coaching package wherever Lane goes? Lane is a moron, his dad is the genious, but too old to be the face of a college program.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    Bert, I would agree, but you're overlooking one major aspect of his "promotions". His daddy is Monte Kiffen.. The guy who invented the Tampa 2 defense, and widely considered one of the greatest football minds. And, guess who happens to be part of the coaching package wherever Lane goes? Lane is a moron, his dad is the genious, but too old to be the face of a college program.

i think Monte Kiffin has ALOT to do with it ! The man is one of the most respected Defensive minds in the NFL and NCAA.