Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O's Fan Fest

Re: O's Fan Fest

Great, thanks for looking...really appreciate the help...Mets05

Hi if anyone wants to meet up with me And say Hi at FanFest.I will have A Red QuikSilver BackPack on.And I wear Glasses if that might make it easier to find me A little Bit.I also will have on A Fitted Orioles Hat.And most Likely A Columbia Grey Jacket.

Hope to see A few there that I never have Talked with Yet And Forum Members that I have.

Thanks
    Geoff

O's Fan Fest Report

I made out great at Fanfest this year! Came home with:

3 Markakis hats (2 home, 1 away)

1 Adam Jones hat

1 pair of Markakis pants

2 Markakis batting gloves (different styles)

1 Brian Roberts batting glove

and my favorite pick-up- a pounded Nick Markakis batting helmet! Spent less than $300.

They were much better stocked with stars this year though bats were pretty much non-existent.

There were 3 Wieters jerseys, as well as Arrieta, Matusz, and Reimold. There was at least another Markakis batting glove and a really nice selection of Adam Jones bats and jerseys.

I'll be posting more scans later. It was also cool to get to see forum member Geoff who made off pretty well himself.

Doesn't Nick Markakis bat left handed? The helmet is a righty.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Re: O's Fan Fest Report

Quote Originally Posted by jwasserman View Post

1 Adam Jones hat

1 pair of Markakis pants

and my favorite pick-up- a pounded Nick Markakis batting helmet! Spent less than $300.

They were much better stocked with stars this year though bats were pretty much non-existent.

There were 3 Wieters jerseys, as well as Arrieta, Matusz, and Reimold. There was at least another Markakis batting glove and a really nice selection of Adam Jones bats and jerseys.

I'll be posting more scans later. It was also cool to get to see forum member Geoff who made off pretty well himself.

You better check with Keith Allison on Flickr to photomatch that stuff! Have you heard of him?

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    Doesn't Nick Markakis bat left handed? The helmet is a righty.
    Also the helmet is the old style batting helmet. Most players either use the venelated helmets from 2008 or 2009. Some may use 2007 style. I don't know what year exactly this helmet is from but probably 2004.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwasserman View Post

1 Adam Jones hat

1 pair of Markakis pants

That's definitely not a Markakis batting helmet.

well, that sucks. might be a sosa. going back to 2003, he's the only roster player i could find that wore 21

i found a game used hat for him in leland's that was from 2002 and size 7 1/8 so it definitely could be a fit for what i thought was a ginormous head

here's the rest of the goods

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    That's definitely not a Markakis batting helmet.

I just checked getty pics of Sosa, and it appears they didn't put numbers on the bill then. Maybe an O's expert can shed some light on when the numbers were put on.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

I don't know why I didn't check this first. The logo was used from 89-97. In that period, the only non-pitcher who wore 21 was David Segui.

A gentleman at the show found a #8 helmet in the bin. I was thinking there was no way they had helmets going back that far but I guess the O's are clearing out there closets.

I really wish I could look through those helmets again now!