Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
Andrew as far as I can tell you are correct on all fronts in terms of number and names. I did not see any Jones or Roberts Jerseys. The jerseys mentioned went for $100.00 each.

I know people are offering ten times that amount or more in some cases for the Wieters. So, to sum it up, there is no reason to wonder why people are literally beating each other up to get to the game used room as soon as the doors open. If you are lucky enough to grab a couple of the few prime players or prospects jersey's that are there, you can turn them if you so desire for five to ten times what you paid. All going to those who show up the earliest and getting into the room first.

I honestly wonder why in some ways players like a Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Reimold, Roberts and prospects like Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta, Patton, and the like are not kept on a seperate table or something and given tiered pricing levels. I am willing to bet that if they started the Wieters and any Markakis, Jones, etc off at like $750.00 people would have still bought them. Top prospects they could have charged like $300 or $250 or whatever and the same thing would have happened. While it would still seem like a chaotic approach, I bet that would cut down slightly on people charging the room all in the hope of scoring one or two top players to flip on ebay.

I know several forum members who as previously mentioned are die hard Orioles collectors that have no plans to flip these items. However, dealers and the like can have a field day all for showing up at the crack of dawn and standing outside the earliest.
Brett, no doubt on your assessment on the pricing as you would think Wieters could be a $1,500 jersey and for the right price a lot more than that. Wieters potential is huge with upside.

The Nats last year did it fair in my opinion. They sold no name jerseys for under $200 and any of the starters were put in hourly silent auctions and drew big crowds.