Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

i have decided to auction items on Ebay to help fund Haiti relief

Brad's (Shanfran Collectibles) thread last night on the Haiti earthquake inspired me. I have decided to help those in Haiti by auctioning off a series of items on Ebay and donating 25% to the Red Cross who is one of the main groups providing relief there. I am going to start with four items with more to be added this weekend. A Manny Ramirez Mounted Memories autographed baseball, a Kevin Garnett UDA basketball, a Peyton Manning Mounted Memories minihelmet and a Farve packers mini with the Farve hologram. The starting bid on each is $9.99 with no reserve. My ID on there is autographmaven2009. I realize we are not supposed to promote our own auctions on here but I think this calls for an exception and I hope that the moderators agree as I am trying to 1. Get bids as high as possible so more can go to charity and 2. To inspire others to follow suit. I know I will lose money on the items I am auctioning as I paid alot for them when I got them but I have been fortunate in life and don't care about that I just want to help.

Re: i have decided to auction items on Ebay to help fund Haiti relief

Are you going to put the reason for the auction in the listing? I'm sure that would help bids if they knew the cause. I think eBay has a donation icon that you can use for your listings as well. I am not sure how that works but it is an option.

Very noble thing you are doing!

Fantastic - great gesture. I am listing a few items with charitable donations right now - Allstarsplus pointed out how easy it is (and he generously listed some great items).

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Brad's (Shanfran Collectibles) thread last night on the Haiti earthquake inspired me. I have decided to help those in Haiti by auctioning off a series of items on Ebay and donating 25% to the Red Cross who is one of the main groups providing relief there. I am going to start with four items with more to be added this weekend. A Manny Ramirez Mounted Memories autographed baseball, a Kevin Garnett UDA basketball, a Peyton Manning Mounted Memories minihelmet and a Farve packers mini with the Farve hologram. The starting bid on each is $9.99 with no reserve. My ID on there is autographmaven2009. I realize we are not supposed to promote our own auctions on here but I think this calls for an exception and I hope that the moderators agree as I am trying to 1. Get bids as high as possible so more can go to charity and 2. To inspire others to follow suit. I know I will lose money on the items I am auctioning as I paid alot for them when I got them but I have been fortunate in life and don't care about that I just want to help.
    That is really awesome of you to do that! I bid on the Favre!