Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Royals FanFest 2010

Hey all.

Figured I'd start a thread for discussing the 2010 Royals FanFest taking place today and tomorrow.

Feel free to share your experiences, pickups, etc.

I am planning to go this afternoon if I can get work wrapped up a little early and probably also trying to attend tomorrow morning.

I know a few of you that had talked about possibly making it to the fest, anyone else definitely planning a trip?

Anybody taking anything special to try to get signed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Re: Royals FanFest 2010

I am planning on taking my little one to today's events. Don't know how long we will last since it is right in the middle of her nap time. Thought we would go today to try and beat most of the crowd later tonight and on a Saturday. I will try and report back when I get home on what they had. We live about an hour away, so sometimes it is hard to get back there 2 days in a row.

Just learned that this afternoon, Greinke, Cone and Saberhagen will be signing together... The three Royals Cy Young winners... Should be a crazy line. Would be nice to get all three on a baseball, but I'll probably avoid waiting in a huge line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

If anyone is able to pick up a Greinke game worn jersey/bat from this year you would likely have a buyer in me.
    Michael
    themikechu@aol.com

what do they typically charge for jerseys?

Jerseys were fairly cheap (starting as low as $40 I recall), however, most were of the minor league players (used?). Very few of the starters or 40 man roster players are available. If they are available, they're usually gone within the first wave of buyers. They will have several auctions running for some of the better known players. A few members here were able to snatch up some good players at good prices the past few years. Additionally, they did sell better name player uni's from some of the tribute games. Usually where you pay for the jerseys they've had a roster/number list from the tribute games.

FYI: the past few years the Royals personnel were very strict on signing times and numbers of people they'll allow in line. What they have roped off is usually the number of follks they'll allow for that certain signing period. When the say an hour, they mean it. I'm not saying don't try, but from my experience if you're not in the roped off portion, your chances are slim.

At the end of fan fest last year they handed out "opinion" cards. I know that several people, myself included, chimed in on the autograph lines. So, maybe things changed a bit.

Good luck
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    If anyone is able to pick up a Greinke game worn jersey/bat from this year you would likely have a buyer in me.
    Michael
    themikechu@aol.com

sent you an email...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Ryan, I know they changed to a larger hall in the convention center and apparently things are more spread out and roomy, so should be less congested. Also they're using a different management vendor and expecting it to be smoother. Luckily though when a player's time is up another player usually takes their spot pretty quickly, so your time in line isnt completely wasted...

Ryan, Are you making it out tomorrow? Shoot me an email if you are, we can meet up for a beverage... And see if that one deal we were discussing is still viable.

Quote Originally Posted by shirkr View Post

At the end of fan fest last year they handed out "opinion" cards. I know that several people, myself included, chimed in on the autograph lines. So, maybe things changed a bit.

Good luck
    Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

if anyone happens to grab any roster players and doesnt want an arm and a leg, feel free to email me. there are also minors and/or BP jerseys floating around ebay, but id rather grab someone ive heard of.

ferro39@yahoo.com

Just got home from day 1. All in all, pretty good show. The charity store had fewer jerseys than usual, mostly coaches and relief pitchers. The best position player I saw was Esteban German. Jerseys were mostly cool base and spring training. Prices ranged from $40-60.

There were a couple dozen bats rotating in as things sold. A LOT, I mean a LOT of Mike Jacobs bats. I was talking to one of the equipment guys and he said Jacobs broke so many bats they were placing orders nearly every week for him. A handful of Tony Pena JR and a couple other minor players.

I picked up six bats, 3 with MLB holos. Mike Jacobs 2009 LVS Anniversary. Jose Guillen XBat. Mark Grudzielanek 2008 Red & Black Max Bat. Brayan Pena 2009 two tone Marucci. John Buck Old Hickory. And Miguel Olivo two tone XBat.

Not much of interest in the silent auction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell