Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Nevin rookie, Alomar, Sexson, many other bats

Josh....

To be honest, this is the first time I've sold bats, or any other g.u. stuff - in the past, I've always just been a buyer - on this or any other board or forum.

Yes, you were the first to ask about the Cirillo bats, but somebody else also asked about them and then agreed to buy them, before I'd heard back from you. If my inexperience caused me to violate some rule, unwritten or otherwise, of selling on this board, I apologize.

What do you other guys think? I guess I really should find out, before accepting any other offers, what the concensus is on how long a seller is supposed to wait, etc. I honestly want to know, and don't want to piss anyone else off it I can help it.

Jeff

you did nothing wrong. this is a first come first served. i have been on both sides of this and I have learned that money talks. so if you sold them to someone else before he had a chance to respond, sorry. he lost out. just my two cents.

There is an old saying, "Snooze You Lose".

If the first emailer asked for pics only, then second emailer says I will buy, SOLD!!!!! First come first served.......

Now if the first emailer said something like, "hey if all looks good in the pics, I will buy them". then that would be different.

How many times have people asked for pics of an item then do not respond back at all????

Next time if you really want an item, show more interest when emailing the seller......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Thanks again, guys.

The Nevin rookie bat and the Reggie Sanders are sold.

CAMAROKIDS-Thats exactually what i was going to write.I can not tell you how many times.I have had someone say they want pictures and then never even hear back from them.Not even a email to say "hey,thanks for the pictures i wanted".But then i have also had people say they were seriously interested and never hear back from them.And nothing is ruder than that.I mean you go threw the time and effort to make a list,or send them the pictures they wanted.And they can not even tell you they recieved the email from you.Nothing gets me madder to be disrespected like that.I would and have never done that to anyone when i was buying things for my collections.But now that i am trying to sell it off i deal with inconsiderate people like that all the time.But anyway,(did i go off point or what) i never assumme just cause they want pictures they are going to buy it or even if they say they are interested.So to me you go with the first person to quote cuba-"shows you the money".
    Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    There is an old saying, "Snooze You Lose".

If the first emailer asked for pics only, then second emailer says I will buy, SOLD!!!!! First come first served.......

Now if the first emailer said something like, "hey if all looks good in the pics, I will buy them". then that would be different.

How many times have people asked for pics of an item then do not respond back at all????

Next time if you really want an item, show more interest when emailing the seller......

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    CAMAROKIDS-Thats exactually what i was going to write.I can not tell you how many times.I have had someone say they want pictures and then never even hear back from them.Not even a email to say "hey,thanks for the pictures i wanted".But then i have also had people say they were seriously interested and never hear back from them.And nothing is ruder than that.I mean you go threw the time and effort to make a list,or send them the pictures they wanted.And they can not even tell you they recieved the email from you.Nothing gets me madder to be disrespected like that.I would and have never done that to anyone when i was buying things for my collections.But now that i am trying to sell it off i deal with inconsiderate people like that all the time.But anyway,(did i go off point or what) i never assumme just cause they want pictures they are going to buy it or even if they say they are interested.So to me you go with the first person to quote cuba-"shows you the money".
    Heck, I have had a buyer actually pay for the item and then start asking tons of questions that I did not know the answer to, to the point where I just refunded the money (thank goodness I had not sent the item yet) and moved on. Even when they're sold they're not sold, sometimes.