Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: ARod's 500th HR ball going to Auction

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Joel,

Andrew has a way of making things "come to life".

I'll guess..........$85,000-100,000+ for that home run ball. Remember, he plays in New York for the Bronx Bombers. It's the single most desireable milestone homerun ball of the "500" home run club hitters, their 500th.

The only downside(s) to this offering is the steroid connection, and the economy. Otherwise, the skies the limit on this one.
    Joel - Steve "Suicide_Squeeze" just called me and said that he is in the mix on bidding on the ball.

I laughed and told him that I could see him staying in until it gets to $85,000 so he hits his estimate and he promised me that wouldn't be the case.

Hope he wins it!!!!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Joel - Steve "Suicide_Squeeze" just called me and said that he is in the mix on bidding on the ball.

I laughed and told him that I could see him staying in until it gets to $85,000 so he hits his estimate and he promised me that wouldn't be the case.

Hope he wins it!!!!!!!!!
    Andrew,

I have no doubt that Steve was the first to make a bid at the $25K minimum. That's what i would have done if i was in the mix. I wish him luck.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Andrew,

I have no doubt that Steve was the first to make a bid at the $25K minimum. That's what i would have done if i was in the mix. I wish him luck.
    Joel - I know. I hope he gets it. His collection of the 500 HR Club is so amazing. Since ARod has the ability to break the career HR record, this would be a great piece.

He also was telling me that he went to the Los Angeles sports museum last week and enjoyed it.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Joel - I know. I hope he gets it. His collection of the 500 HR Club is so amazing. Since ARod has the ability to break the career HR record, this would be a great piece.

He also was telling me that he went to the Los Angeles sports museum last week and enjoyed it.
    Wouldn't doubt Cypres is in the mix too and Steve was determining the interest level of Cypres. He's usually available at his museum. Nice man.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Wouldn't doubt Cypres is in the mix too and Steve was determining the interest level of Cypres. He's usually available at his museum. Nice man.
    Yep, hope to visit him and the museum when I am out to Anaheim for the All Star game in July.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Did you guys notice the ball has a reserve which hasn't been met yet? I wonder what the reserve is?

Would $50,000 be the logical guess? Which means the ball has miraculously been bid to the point that the VERY next bid would put it over? Does this sound like shades of Mastronet and American Memorabilia of yesterday?

Just asking.

Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Did you guys notice the ball has a reserve which hasn't been met yet? I wonder what the reserve is?

Would $50,000 be the logical guess? Which means the ball has miraculously been bid to the point that the VERY next bid would put it over? Does this sound like shades of Mastronet and American Memorabilia of yesterday?

Just asking.

Buster
    based on the 6 items for auction with a miimum bid over $10,000 i say no since some already are double the minimum and have not passed the reserve.

the next bid is $53594.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com