Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seller etiquette question

As a first-time seller on this (or any other) board, I have to ask...if Guy #1 expresses interest in an item and requests photos, and then, before he gets back to you to say Yea or Nay, Guy #2 does the same and then offers to buy the item immediately...am I obliged to go back to Guy #1 (or however many people have asked about the item) and clear it with him or them before finalizing the sale?

I honestly need to know, 'cause apparently I've already ticked one guy off, and I'd like to avoid doing it again if at all possible.

Re: Seller etiquette question

There are so many times that potential buyers never get back to you, not even a "thanks for the photos." I think if an offer comes in, take it.

Good luck!

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Guy #2 gets it - First to commit to a sale.

Just my opinion
    looking for Phillies GU bats

I would say its first offer that is bonafide unless there was a period of time offered by the seller that would would have allowed the "proposed buyer" to state whether they were interested or not.

Whenever I have exchanged pictures and or discussion re buying or selling an item - unless expressly discussed upfront "I will hold the item for 24 hours to allow you to decide" - its always been whomever replies first they will buy gets the item.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 Grad

I sorta think the first person to email you should get a shot at buying it first. I could have sold an item last night, but waited today to get the money from the first guy that emailed me. I would have pissed him off and he probably wouldnt buy from me anymore.

If he was to bail out, I have another guy wanting it.

Plus, people have lives outside of being on the computer. Just because they dont get back to you in a couple hrs doesnt mean they dont want the item.

Banned

Unless you have a "pending deal" it's first come, first serve.

First one to say they want it.
    "Never turn down cash on the barrel head" Boss Hogg Dukes of Hazzard

Unless you implied to person #1 that you'd hold the item for him, person #2 was the first one ready to "show you the money." Always sell to the one who sends the cash.

If you offer more items for sale here, you'll soon see why...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Okay, guys, I truly do appreciate all the imput.

The message I'm sort of getting (from the majority) here is something along the lines of, if you just ask for pictures and don't say anything like "I'm probably gonna want this bat, so please hold it till I look at the photos", you don't really have all that much of a complaint if it gets sold to somebody else.

Yeah normally when people say they are very interested in something you give them the first chance at the Item. I dont know many people that buy items without seeing them. I asked for pictures. I was out of the house for 3 hours so I couldnt responed. Then I got an email stating they where sold. I guess I just am seeing who to due buisness on this and who to stay away from.