Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harleighb
    • Jun 2007

Re: 2010 twinsfest

I just got back from Twinsfest. I've done the Mauer/Morneau thing enough in the past so that I don't have to endure their lines any longer. I heard Thome had quite a line as well. I hit the prospects table a few times (Hicks, Revere, etc.). Pretty decent lines for the prospects (kids and parents love the freebies). I also hit the Neshek, Perkins, Kubel and Young line (all for $15) which in true Twinsfest fashion started an hour before they arrived to sign. It actually seemed like fewer people as compared to Friday's past. I think tomorrow is going to be really crowded (last day for Mauer, Thome and a couple of other players). Sunday could be a bit slower this year.

Not much game used stuff on the floor this year. Pro Shop had its usual batch of jerseys and broken bats. Cheapest jerseys were $75, fringe players were $150 and solid starters around $200-250 (Baker, Kubel, etc.). Before anyone asks, no Mauer jerseys (no 2009s released to the public through the Pro Shops) and no Morneau jerseys.

I think the auction on Sunday should be very interesting with a Mauer GU bat and jersey among the items being auctioned off.

I'll try to update tomorrow.

Comment

• jobathenut
      • Nov 2008

I was there tonight for day #1 of twinsfest.I did not see the wonderkid signing any game used items.
      Originally posted by MLB_Authentic
      Did anyone attend tonite? Was Mauer Signing Game Used Stuff?

Comment

• jobathenut
        • Nov 2008

I also went to day#1 of twinsfest.But i thought the proshop had the most items i have ever seen there.But that's not saying much as like last year they had one small rack of jerseys of bit players and wanted what i thought way too much for them.And they had bases but that was it.But this year they did not have bases but they had hats,jerseys even some stars and alot of bats.But agian they were to me a little spendy for bit players.And of course no wonderkid or justin items.But there was plenty on the floor at the tables if you want to spend $3,000 for a game used justin jersey- .But then its proberly worth that,just not to me.In all in was a good show,nice turnout as fridays are usually the less busy day.But i think the hype around the wonderkid and the new stadium got alot of people there.And i just have to say i am not a big fan of thome.But i have to say it's very classy of him to attend the event as i am sure they did'nt expect him to.And it's funny as him being there took some attention from the kid.As i heard several people say they were planning to be in the kids line but changed to thome when they heard he was going to be there.I just wish my favorite twin butch wynegar would be at a show.

Comment

• sylbry
          • Nov 2005

Saturday morning there was a 2007 Mauer alt for $2000 and a 2007 Morneau road for $500. Sold within 1.5 hours.
          Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• thomecollector
            • May 2006

Originally posted by sylbry
            Saturday morning there was a 2007 Mauer alt for $2000 and a 2007 Morneau road for $500. Sold within 1.5 hours.
            You going now. Are you done ? Tell Jim Roger said Hey!
            Roger Ward- Thomecollector
            thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• sylbry
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by thomecollector
              You going now. Are you done ? Tell Jim Roger said Hey!
              I went through his line this morning. That man can crank out his autograph at an incredible pace. Unfortunately the staffer wouldn't allow him to personalize the ball. So it won't do me any good.
              Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• nomarmauerfan
                • Apr 2007

The Pro Shop booth has a 2007 Alternate blue GU Mauer jersey for $2000. It was still there at the close of Twinsfest tonight.

Mike

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
                  • Oct 2009

Just got back from today. Picked up a 09 Span LVS and a 09 Duensing Jersey. Along with a Carew ball that I waited in line for and they MLB Authenticated it for me. Pretty good day overall. Now to go back tomorrow and win that 09 Mauer in the live auction.

Comment

• Manram
                    • Nov 2008

How much did the mauer bat go for? Did any of you win it?

Comment

• spartakid
                      • Oct 2008

[quote=MLB_Authentic;184329]Just got back from today. Picked up a 09 Span LVS and a 09 Duensing Jersey. Along with a Carew ball that I waited in line for and they MLB Authenticated it for me. Pretty good day overall. Now to go back tomorrow and win that 09 Mauer in the live auction.[/quote]

It didn't sell yet, the austion is tomorrow.
                      Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Comment

• favrenvikes09
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2009

Got home a while ago, I went the past two days. Got a bunch of minor league gu stuff signed and it was my first time attending. Thought it was really cool. I was actually able to pick up a nice Dustin Martin cracked Marucci bat MLB authenticated for just $25 and I also was able to get a Justin Morneau signed and inscribed GU home hat from 2008. I got it from the guy who runs jessecrain.net and those player websites if any twins fans know who I'm talking about.

Comment

• Manram
                          • Nov 2008

[QUOTE=spartakid;184356]
                          Originally posted by MLB_Authentic
                          Just got back from today. Picked up a 09 Span LVS and a 09 Duensing Jersey. Along with a Carew ball that I waited in line for and they MLB Authenticated it for me. Pretty good day overall. Now to go back tomorrow and win that 09 Mauer in the live auction.[/quote]

It didn't sell yet, the austion is tomorrow.
                          Oh sorry I read it wrong, i thought it said go back tonight

Comment

• nomarmauerfan
                            • Apr 2007

For anyone who's interested, the Mauer bat went for $2250 (I stopped at $1150) and his jersey went for $4000+. A 2009 GU Morneau jersey went for $1000. They were framed, but, the framing looked like it was done by my 9-year old son! I took a pic of the Mauer bat. If someone on here didn't win it and doesn't post a pic, I'll download it from my phone on here over the next few days. The bat was definitely pounded.

Mike

Comment

• Manram
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by nomarmauerfan
                              For anyone who's interested, the Mauer bat went for $2250 (I stopped at $1150) and his jersey went for $4000+. A 2009 GU Morneau jersey went for $1000. They were framed, but, the framing looked like it was done by my 9-year old son! I took a pic of the Mauer bat. If someone on here didn't win it and doesn't post a pic, I'll download it from my phone on here over the next few days. The bat was definitely pounded.

Mike
                              Wow is that some cash. But the again it's joe mauer

Comment

• wiggi034
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jobathenut
                                I was there tonight for day #1 of twinsfest.I did not see the wonderkid signing any game used items.
                                I didn't see any game used items in the Mauer lines on Friday or Saturday, but there was no stipulation that restricted him from signing game used stuff. I got my '06 GU bat signed at the autograph party last summer without any problems. My girlfriend had it signed and he inspected for a while then said that it looked like it treated him well (it's a pretty pounded bat).

Comment

Working...