Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2010 twinsfest

Re: 2010 twinsfest

Hey guys, I'm new on here but I thought I'd pipe in on Twinfest this year. I hit it up with the sole purpose of getting a Mauer auto. I went Friday at about 1:30 to get in line outside the dome, doors were at 4, and Mauer was signing till 5:30. I knew I had to get there early and be aggressive to get a shot at his line so once the gates opened I ran my ass off down the halls to get into his line. I was shocked that it was already almost full past the barriers (the other gate opened before ours) but luckly I spotted my new line-buddies that I met outside and they let me slip in with them. It really pays to make temporary friends in these types of situations!

While in line, one of my new line-buddies 9 yeaorld niece joined us. I asked her if she was going to get anything signed and she said no, she just wanted to see Joe in person. I said I had an extra ball, and I'd pay her way in if she got it signed for me. She said YES! and got excited that she would get to meet and talk to Mauer. I cleared the transaction with her Uncle who said it would be cool. I felt like I hit the autograph lotto because not only did I actually get a decent spot in his line, but I was going to be able to double dip.

I don't think I'm ever going to take a crack at Mauers line in the near future though. Man you gotta be aggressive to make it. I was running past older people, fatter people, people with kids and I felt kinda bad. Some people who were in front of us in the outside-line got behind is in the auto-line because they got unlucky at the gate. Some people didn't know how to work their ticket scanners so some people got held up. Really, the entire thing is a gamble and even if you really prepare, you could get screwed by something intangible like idiots trying to use the scanners.

Here is my 9 yearold partner in crime getting Joe to sign my ball... (Joe was REALLY nice to her)

Heres what I came away with...

Quote Originally Posted by W_EISENHUTH View Post
    No mention of the #7 Metrodome/Target Field "countdown number" I don't recall the exact amount that went for, but it was ridiculous! I am curious of the fair market value the twins placed on these items. The winners surely got a hefty tax deduction.
    $4100.

I don't have a source.I am sorry if i sounded like that.As i am no where near the expert as others like yourself are when it comes to the "kids" items.I was just saying that as i saw alot at twinsfest.I see them twins pro shop.I see them offered on here.I see them on auction sites.So i guess i was just basing my thoughts on that.I mean to me again if you wanted a wonderkid item you would not have to look that hard to find a item.I could proberly put a posting asking for a item and have replies to it right away on here alone.Again "NOMARMAUERFAN" i am sorry if i mis stated that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomarmauerfan View Post
    I am not terribly upset. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't compete at the prices Jesse and Taylor were talking about. However, mauer items are near-impossible to find. I'd love to know your source as you stated they're relatively easy to find. A fun weekend despite not going home with any GU stuff.

Mike

I didnt win it either. I quit at $1500. I couldnt justify spending any more than that considering I already have a very nice 09 with more use and being photomatched. It was a very nice bat though.