Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Big NFL Auction Blunder!!!!

Well the alternate orange jerseys have now been sold but when coming across a few other game used jerseys from the Dolphins I noticed something very strange! A Daunte Culpepper game worn jersey from 2007 . Thats weird! How did Daunte Culpepper wear a Dolphins jersey as a Raider? It is tagged for 07, plus the navy shadowing on the numbers is thinned out, (Which started in 2007). In 2006 the shadowing was a little thicker! See the pics below!

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  48.9 KB

Name:  00.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  000.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  114.7 KB

Re: Big NFL Auction Blunder!!!!

Banned

I'm totally guessing here, but is there any chance that Daunte was with the Dolphins in 2007 preseason? Again, I may well be wrong, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Dave,
    No. He was cut before that. I even double checked before the post.

ok this is insane. NFLauctions keeps screwing up. They are just as bad as an auction house.

Anyone know how far in advance the jerseys are made. He was released from the Dolphins in June of 2007.........issued maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonBanz View Post
    Anyone know how far in advance the jerseys are made. He was released from the Dolphins in June of 2007.........issued maybe?
    Great research! Here is my theory on it. The team probably had some community events for Culpepper to attend in the off-season so they had a gamer ready for him.

Still, like your title states, a big blunder!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Culpepper was not officially released by the Dolphins until July 17, 2009. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...released_N.htm

Being only a few weeks before the first pre-season game, the Dolphins' 2007 jerseys had probably already arrived (or at least been ordered). As long as NFL Auctions is not claiming that the jersey was game worn, there should not be a concern.

Hope this information is useful.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Great research! Here is my theory on it. The team probably had some community events for Culpepper to attend in the off-season so they had a gamer ready for him.

Still, like your title states, a big blunder!
    Thanks man! When the Dolphins do community events the players actually wear a screened on replica with no name on the back. Kinda weird to me, but I know in South Florida an authentic or game jersey sure would be hot in the sun! The post below was probably right. Ordered right before the preseason. Now I will probably e-mail NFL Auctions and request they change the listing. Although highly doubtful considering its already to a higher amount than I would pay for it!

A serious typo in my previous post. I should have said that he was released July 17, 2007, not 2009.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for WFL and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Darren Lewis and Wilie McGee equipment.