Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Paypal Frustration ! Suggestions?

Just want to second what topekabob said. I was going to write this yesterday but since I've dealt w/Bill a few times and find him to be an extremely pleasant fellow, I didn't want to add to his frustration.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER SEND ANYTHING OF VALUE THERE. I have spend a lot of time in that country over the last year and unfortunately have had many eye opening experiences, with the standard police practice of "I'll pull you over for no reason because I want a bribe" merely scratching the surface.......

........that said, I do love many aspects of HMR, so I don't want to give the impression of denigrating the entire country, which would be patently unfair....

I was not able to find my exact case that applies to this matter however, I did speak with 'Dawn' this morning at PayPal in regards to international disputes and what is required of the seller to make a valid claim against a chargeback for an 'item not received' or 'item significantly not as described'.

She pointed me to the 'User Agreement' section of the website that provides the information regarding this matter. This text was copied directly from PayPal's website (please be sure to take specific note to sections 11.4 and 11.5):

11. Protection For Sellers.

11.1 What is PayPal seller protection?
    Protection for Claims, Chargebacks, or Reversals based on the following reasons:
    • Unauthorized Transaction
    • Item Not Received
    Seller protection is available for eligible payments from buyers in any country.

11.2 How much protection is provided by PayPal seller protection?
    PayPal will protect you for the full amount of the eligible payment and waive the Chargeback Fee, if applicable. There is no limit on the number of payments for which you can receive coverage.

11.3 What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?
    You must meet all of the basic requirements listed below: In addition, you must meet the Item Not Received requirements to be covered for Items Not Received and the Unauthorized Transactions requirements to be covered for Unauthorized Transactions.

Basic Requirements:
    • Ship the item to the shipping address on the “Transaction Details” page.
    • Respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
    • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
    • Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal Account, must be in the United States.
    Item Not Received Requirements:
    • The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
    • You must have a Proof of Delivery.
    • You must ship the item within 7 days of receipt of payment. Or, if the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing.
    Unauthorized Transactions Requirements:
    • The payment must be marked “eligible” for seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
    • You must have a Proof of Shipment or a Proof of Delivery.
    11.4 What is “Proof of Shipment”?
    Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:
    • The date the item is shipped.
    • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).
    11.5 What is “Proof of Delivery”? Online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:
    • The date the item is delivered.
    • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).
    • Signature Confirmation for payments of $250 USD or more (see Foreign Currency Equivalents below).
    No where in their policy does it state that they will not accept a customs code as proof of delivery. According to the agent that I spoke with, and the policy text above, in order to be protected as a seller all you need is proof that the item was mailed & delivered (mailing date, physical address of delivery, and date of delivery). This can all be found using the customs code.

Below is a copy of an international transaction that I had, and according to the policy above, everything that is needed to protect the seller is provided. Dawn confirmed that this information is what is required.

Attached Images Attached Images   

From what I understand, "online proof of delivery" is needed for Paypals satisfaction, as noted in their rule 11.5. On your online customs number delivery confirmation, it does not show the state/city or zip code of the recipients address, which is required by Paypal in rule 11.5

Banned

I wish everyone would pay attention.

TRACKING DOES NOT WORK INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:

1. Flate Rate Envelope

2. Small Flat Rate Box

END OF STORY

XXX you must have shipped a normal priority box to Canada to get tracking or a customs number.

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    From what I understand, "online proof of delivery" is needed for Paypals satisfaction, as noted in their rule 11.5. On your online customs number delivery confirmation, it does not show the state/city or zip code of the recipients address, which is required by Paypal in rule 11.5
    That's why you cross reference the customs code online along with the copy of the original shipping label that has the delivery address.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    I wish everyone would pay attention.

TRACKING DOES NOT WORK INTERNATIONALLY WITH THE FOLLOWING:

1. Flate Rate Envelope

2. Small Flat Rate Box

END OF STORY

XXX you must have shipped a normal priority box to Canada to get tracking or a customs number.
    Yes, it was Priority International. I will not ship flat rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    That's why you cross reference the customs code online along with the copy of the original shipping label that has the delivery address.
    Yes, from our vantage point, cross referrencing would solve the situation. But according to Paypals 11.5 rule, the online delivery confirmation must have the state/city or zip code of the recipients address. I guess Paypal is too lazy to cross reference.

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    Yes, from our vantage point, cross referrencing would solve the situation. But according to Paypals 11.5 rule, the online delivery confirmation must have the state/city or zip code of the recipients address. I guess Paypal is too lazy to cross reference.
    ....or international equivalency.....which is a copy of the original shipping label with the said customs code and the buyers physical address.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    ....or international equivalency.....which is a copy of the original shipping label with the said customs code and the buyers physical address.
    Your original shipping label only covers rule 11.4. Your online delivery confirmation must have "The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent)". The screen shot of your delivery confirmation only says "CANADA".