Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Paypal Frustration ! Suggestions?

I sold a number of items to the same buyer via ebay. I normally do not ship outside the US or Canada. I made an exception for a buyer from Russia. I mailed the items via Priority mail international in a flat rate envelope (items were flats). The customs number on the package is LC192071365US which shows that the package was shipped December 10, 2009. The buyer filed a claim through paypal (or screwyoupal - from another thread) yesterday. The money was taken immediatley from my account. No insurance or other means of tracking was purchased by the buyer.. Are my hands tied in this situation? Seems like I am going to be out of the money and the merchandise. I feel for the buyer but they had not purchased insurance or other tracking sevices (due to expenses I presume). I tried calling the 1800 number on USPS but was on hold for an hour ! (I gave up). Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Re: Paypal Frustration ! Suggestions?

I know that PayPal will take the money out of your account as soon as someone files something against you. That doesn't mean that your 100% out of your money. I've had this happen to me before as well and the money was returned to me once the item was delivered. I would see if you could get in contact with the buyer and explain to him that it might take a while for a package to get to him. I will say that PayPal needs to change some things because there are too many ways for buyers to screw sellers, thats for sure. Hope everything works out for you.

DOES IT COME UP AS DELIVERED IN THE SYSTEM WHEN YOU ENTER THE CUSTOMS NUMBER?

The customs number that you have on the original shipping label will tell you if & when the item was delivered.

Once you see that the item has been delivered provide that information to PAYPAL and they should close the claim and release the funds.

Scratch that. I checked it out. Once it is delivered the system will update it as being delivered. Once that happens submit that to PAYPAL, and they should have what they need to drop the claim.

Sorry, one more thing. It looks like it is going on a month. I would call the post office with that tracking number and try and locate it (even if it means you are on hold for an hour). It should have been there by now.

You need to locate your package first.....

Banned

Something i found out last week is that Flat Rate Envelopes shipping international are NOT trackable. No matter how you do it they CANNOT be tracked if shipped international. This is part of USPS's way to make you spend more money to use priority. Just a heads up !

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    Scratch that. I checked it out. Once it is delivered the system will update it as being delivered. Once that happens submit that to PAYPAL, and they should have what they need to drop the claim.

Huh... Are you positive? The USPS always told me they cannot provide proof of delivery. Specifically, once its handed off to another country's postal service, the USPS has no further knowledge or involvement. I shipped a couple items to UK and was unable to confirm delivery, I required international money orders on those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

also here is the link

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...nal-prices.htm

Scroll near the bottom under the fine print next to the -* symbol.

Hear me now, believe me later.

PayPal will give the buyer's money back unless a tracking number is issued to an international package.
    The Post Office only issues tracking numbers to international mail when using EXPRESS MAIL and REGISTERED MAIL.

A customs number does NOT constitute a tracking number. They DO NOT confirm delivery. They confirm that the package was sent and when the package crossed the border and reached customs. Just call PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    I feel for the buyer but they had not purchased insurance or other tracking sevices (due to expenses I presume). I tried calling the 1800 number on USPS but was on hold for an hour ! (I gave up). Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.
    It is not the responsibility of the buyer to buy insurance or tracking, it is the responsibility of the seller to make sure that the package arrives. If you felt that way you should have refused to sell & ship it unless the buyer purchased insurance and tracking.